MA in NonProfit Leadership
Tough economic times make it more important than ever for leaders of nonprofit organizations to demonstrate managerial and fiscal leadership when delivering their mission. Whether you are seeking a career, advancing your career or starting a nonprofit, Webster's MA in Nonprofit Leadership will give you the knowledge and tools to succeed.
The 36-credit-hour master's degree is designed to promote a holistic, business-focused nonprofit management thinking process, and will help you develop real-world business skills that emphasize both themission and the business of leading a self-sustaining nonprofit organization.
Courses cover topics like governance and executive leadership in nonprofits; marketing and resource development; financial management and budgeting; social enterprises and social entrepreneurship; and alliances, partnerships and mergers among nonprofits. What you learn in class at night can be implemented at work the next day.
Webster's Master of Arts in Nonprofit Leadership is the only nonprofit leadership program of its kind offered by a school of business in the St. Louis area. ACBSP accredited, it allows you to demonstrate the effectiveness of good business practices, even when profit is not the goal.
Points of Distinction
- The Master of Arts in Nonprofit Leadership is the only nonprofit leadership program of its kind offered by a school of business in the St. Louis area. The MA in Nonprofit Leadership program is ACBSP accredited.
- Provides opportunities to learn from peers and to develop superior professional networks.
- Faculty with practical experience in nonprofit management enable you to immediately apply what you learn *Personal mentoring by a diverse group of nonprofit leaders.
- Opportunities to meet with a wide variety of the region's nonprofit and grantmaking leaders.
- Access to career support services.
The 36 credit hours required for the Master of Arts (MA) must include certain courses for a major in Nonprofit Leadership. In addition, the student chooses elective courses offered in this major and/or from the program curricula of other George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology majors, or approved courses from outside the Walker School of Business and Technology.
- BSN in Nursing
- BA in Management
- BA in Management: Human Resources Management
- BA in Management: Health Care Administration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 1-Year MBA
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- Master of Nursing (MSN)
- MA in Counseling
- MA in Education and Innovation
- Master of Educational Technology (MET)
- MS in Finance
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Management & Leadership
- MA in Marketing
- MA in TESL
- Graduate Certificate in TESL