Performing Learning Community
Webster University is a dynamic, interactive school that not only conveys knowledge and culture, but also creates them. Webster's campus is teeming with countless visual art, theatrical performance and entertainment offerings. By attending cultural happenings, LC student will experience the depth and breadth of arts and entertainment at Webster, including:
- Visual Arts
- Performance Art
During the 2013-2014 academic year the Performing at Webster LC will attend many exclusive programs together. These programs were designed by the Performing LC faculty to enhance their classroom curriculum. These programs were free to Performing LC students. While these programs often change from year to year, this list of programs should give you a better idea of the kinds of events you can attend with your LC.
- Attending Webster Conservatory and Local Performances
- Visiting Webster and Local Art Galleries
- Participating in Performance Based Student Organization
Performing At Webster LC Courses:
Student in each learning community must take all of the courses in a cohort.
FRSH 1200 Our Lives in Music and Pictures
Have you ever heard the quotes “a picture is worth a thousand words,” and “without music life would be a mistake?” What do the pictures of us and our music preferences (as individuals and as a society) tell us about who we are and where we have come from? This seminar will dive into the world of personal and public pictures and music, and will dissect what we can learn about ourselves and the world around us by what pictures we chose to take and display, and what music we choose to represent us.
THEA 1080 Studio Acting
ARHS 2000 Some work, Mostly Plays
- Scholars Learning Community
- Pathways Learning Community
- Social Engagement Learning Community
- Global Engagement Learning Community
- Communications Learning Community
- Music Learning Community
- Education Learning Community
- Athletic Learning Community
- Performing Learning Community