2015 Graduation Information
TO: 2015 Webster University Graduate Candidates
FROM: Webster University Little Rock Area Staff
Your graduation is quickly approaching and we are working very hard to plan the event for you! Here are some important things to remember to help you prepare for the big day:
1. Location and time of the 2015 Little Rock Area Commencement Ceremony:
Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 3:00 p.m.**
Statehouse Convention Center
Wally Allen Ballroom
101 East Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72201
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CEREMONY TIME HAS CHANGED FROM 2:00 P.M. TO 3:00 P.M.
2. What forms do I need to complete and return to campus?
This form is now completed online. It must be completed during the term in which you complete your last class. If you wait until the term has ended, it will change your “graduation date” and you will have to wait until all degrees for that term have been conferred For example: you complete the last class in December but don’t do your petition to graduate until January. Your degree won’t be conferred until March and will be mailed out 8-10 weeks after the conferral date. We recommend making an appointment to see an academic advisor before submitting this form.
- Please submit this form to RSVP for the Little Rock Area ceremony.
- Students must wear Webster's designated cap, gown, regalia or their military uniform to participate in the ceremony.
- Students having three credit hours remaining are welcomed to participate in the 2015 ceremony but will not have their name printed in the program. Their names are printed in the 2016 commencement ceremony’s program.
For AFB programs, please return this form to Charlie Brown or Sherry Ostrowski with the petition to graduate and commencement ceremony participation form. For Metro programs, please return form to email@example.com.
3. Where do I submit the forms?
- To fax forms to AFB: (501) 988-1571. To fax forms to Metro: (501) 375-1623.
- To scan forms to the AFB: firstname.lastname@example.org. To the Metro campus: email@example.com* All forms need to be submitted to the appropriate campus by May 1, 2015*
4. I want to participate in the St. Louis commencement ceremony.
St. Louis commencement ceremony is May 9. 2015. If you would like to participate in this ceremony you must email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, February 9 to rsvp. For more information about the St. Louis commencement ceremony, please visit the St. Louis steps to graduate page.
5. Where do I order my cap, gown, regalia and other materials for graduation?
Please click here to contact Josten's to purchase a cap, gown and regalia:
- Please select the extended campus option when purchasing your cap and gown.
- Select a master's cap and gown.
- When you customize the cap and gown, the options are listed by majors-not degrees (human resources management, management and leadership,etc). Therefore, select Arts if you are receiving a MA, Business Administration if you are receiving a MBA, and so on. This is very important because the size and color of your cap and gown depends on the customize options. Please pay very close attention to this.
- Josten's website indicates that the deadline to order a cap and gown is April 5.
Please click here to contact Herff Jones for the announcements.
*A cap, gown, and regalia or military uniform is required to participate in the Little Rock Area Commencement Ceremony.* *Webster has no responsibility or input if Josten's or Herff Jones extends or changes the ordering deadline or if there are additionally fees associated with this. We strongly recommend ordering as soon as possible.*
6. How to put on my cap, gown, regalia and what to wear to the ceremony?
- Instructions on how to put on the cap and gown can be found here.
- Appropriate attire for the ceremony can be found here.
- Students not wearing appropriate attire can be asked to not participate in the class graduation photo.
7. A graduation information session
The Little Rock campus is hosting a graduation information session for all participants Thursday, May 14 at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday, May 16 at 1 p.m. in the 4th floor auditorium. Information discussed at the session includes graduation check in times, how to wear a cap and gown, and parking information. The session material can be found by clicking here.
8. Clear Business Office Accounts.
Students who have completed all of their academic requirements to graduate must clear their Student Business Office account balance prior to diploma and transcript release. For more information, call the Business Office at 1-800-981-9803.
9. An official transcript.
Requests for an official transcript can be made through the main campus.