MA in Applied Educational Psychology
The MA in Applied Educational Psychology integrates scholarly research and practical experiences that focus on understanding and meeting the diverse behavioral, social-emotional, and academic needs of today's youth.
Coursework for the MA in Applied Educational Psychology includes assessment, effective instruction, intercultural communications, personality development, behavior management, and applied research. Candidates for this program should possess a keen interest in collaboration, a strong work ethic, and a compassionate, empathic disposition. As part of the international network of Webster University, graduates of the MA in Applied Educational Psychology program emerge with increased cultural understanding of themselves and others.
Areas of Concentration
- Psychological Education Programs
- Immigrant and Refugee Children and Families
- Psychology and Education of Gifted Students
- Gifted Education Certification
Points of Distinction
- Applied Educational Psychology students contribute to the "knowledge base" in the fields of educational psychology and school psychology.
- Education programs are recognized for their excellence and approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, by the International Reading Association, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.