Masters in Human Resources Management (MA)
The human resources manager is the backbone of any successful business or organization. To guarantee their viability, human resource managers need to think of themselves as strategic partners. Webster University's Master of Arts in Human Resources Management prepares human resource professionals to deal with the complexities and challenges of managing today's workforce.
The master's degree program in human resources management is designed to provide a comprehensive coverage of the major human resource responsibilities, addressing both strategic and operational aspects. Webster University's HR graduate courses involve practical and theoretical considerations in the professional development of men and women in the field of human resources in such settings as business, industry, government, and nonprofit organizations and institutions.
Providing HR professionals with the skills and knowledge needed to work with people in various employment settings, graduate coursework in the human resources management program focuses on maximizing the importance of the human element in organizations. By drawing upon the theories of the social and behavioral sciences and management, HR students will better understand the human resources management issues and be equipped to develop solutions to human resource management problems confronting both individuals and organizations.
The degree is available to graduate students in a traditional classroom environment and as an online program. Online courses in human resources management are great for improving organizational skills, self-direction and motivation to master the challenges of the environment.
Human Resources Management Points of Distinction
- Small, convenient classes to fit your schedule.
- Classes begin five times each year.
- More than 100 campus locations in major cities and military bases.
- Faculty practitioners.
- Supportive academic environment.
- Our program has been designed with the SHRM guidelines and topics in mind. Its curriculum, designed by subject-matter experts, also includes application exercises that develop specific competencies and decision-making skills. As a certification preparation program, it consistently beats the national pass rate.