MM in Music
Webster University offers a Master of Music that provides you with a unique opportunity to major in your distinct area of talent, ranging from composition, jazz studies, music education, performance, orchestral performance, or church music. The MM program conforms to the guidelines specified by the National Association of Schools of Music for accreditation.
Graduates of the Master of Music program are trained to further their careers in private studio teaching, private or public school music teaching, public performances as soloists, ensemble members, conductors or composers. The emphasis for your training will be determined by individual consultation with the major professor, the Director of Graduate Studies in Music, and the Committee for Graduate Studies in Music. Church Music majors will also be interviewed by a committee at Aquinas Institute in Saint Louis or Eden Seminary in Webster Groves where approximately one third of Church Music courses are offered.
Students who desire a more general course of studies may pursue the Master of Arts in Music.
The Department of Music at Webster University is proudly and widely known for distinctive programs that combine outstanding academic and performance experiences within a broad, challenging educational environment. You'll find transforming challenges in our classes, lessons, and ensembles. And you'll find your world view expanded and enhanced through study abroad, guest artists, and master classes.
Points of Distinction
- Webster University's outstanding music program attracts students from around the country.
- The Department of Music has achieved the highest level of accreditation available, and are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and nationally accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- International travel and education are the norm for students, rather than the exception.
- Music faculty members are outstanding professional practitioners who love to teach and mentor, and who practice their craft daily.
- Webster University is and All-Steinway School, one of fewer than 125 in the world.
Master of Music Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list: