Eleven New St. Louis-Based Companies Select Webster University as Higher Education Partner
ST. LOUIS, July 11, 2013 – Delmar Gardens Enterprises, Drury Hotels, Meramec Valley Bank, Mercy, MOHELA, St. Luke's Hospital, HDA, Inc., Kwame Building Group, Novus International, Inc., Centene Corporation and Sigma Aldrich have selected Webster University as their preferred higher education provider, it was announced today.
The agreements allow these companies to offer their employees a Webster Partner preferred tuition rate for targeted undergraduate and graduate degree programs, said Benjamin Akande, dean of Webster's Walker School of Business and chief of Corporate Partnerships.
“In the post-recession era, more and more organizations are realizing the value of investing in their most important asset: their employees,” Akande said. “Webster is committed to working with these partners to strengthen their employees, companies and the communities they serve. The Webster Partnership program creates a culture of learning in these organizations to support employee recruitment, retention and personal growth. When employees across all layers in an organization are given the opportunity to learn, it results in increased productivity, loyalty and a culture of expectation that learning is part of the job.”
“Employees of these 11 companies will now have a greater chance of pursuing their dream of graduate education or finishing what they started in Webster's degree-completion bachelors degree available online and at campuses nationwide including here in St. Louis,” said Mindy Lewis, manager, Webster Corporate Partnerships.
Qualified employees will be able to take Webster classes at any of the University's locations, as well as online.
- With more than 4,000 employees in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and Georgia, Delmar Gardens operates 27 assisted living, rehabilitation and retirement communities.
- Drury Hotels is one of the nation's top hospitality brand names, with 130 hotels and 3,700 team members in 20 states.
- Meramec Valley Bank is a state-chartered, FDIC-insured commercial bank.
- Mercy is the sixth-largest Catholic health care system in the United States, serving more than 3 million people in 32 hospitals, 300 outpatient locations, 39,000 co-workers and 1,700 integrated physicians nationwide.
- MOHELA is one of the 10 largest student loan servicers in the country, with more than 380 employees.
- St. Luke's Hospital, with its main campus located in Chesterfield, provides care in more than 60 specialty areas from more than 20 locations across the greater St. Louis area.
- HDA, Inc. is the nation's most successful distributor of books and magazines to the home improvement, craft, home décor, discount, kids, office and cooking specialty retail channels.
- Kwame Building Group is one of the nation's preeminent providers of pure construction management services.
- Novus International, headquartered in St. Charles, creates animal nutrition solution products for livestock, poultry and aquaculture. Novus operations include corporate offices, research and development laboratories and manufacturing facilities in more than 35 countries, as well as smaller offices with field staff in an additional 60 countries.
- Centene is a national leader in the healthcare services field, serving state governments, members, providers, uninsured individuals and families, and other healthcare and commercial organizations.
- Sigma-Aldrich is a leading life science and high-technology company, offering biochemical and organic chemical products and kits that are used in scientific and genomic research, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and other high-technology manufacturing.
With its home campus in St. Louis, Webster University (www.webster.edu) is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based university providing a network of international residential campuses and a robust online learning program. Founded in 1915, Webster University's campus network today includes metropolitan, military and corporate locations around the world, as well as traditional residential campuses in Asia, Europe and North America. The university is committed to delivering high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.