Webster University Names Scott Kilgallon Director of Athletics
Kilgallon has served as Director of Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (UWEC), which has 22 intercollegiate sports with more than 500 student-athletes.
ST. LOUIS (APRIL 21, 2014) - Scott Kilgallon has been named Director of Athletics at Webster University. For the past decade, Kilgallon has served as Director of Athletics at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (UWEC), which has 22 intercollegiate sports with more than 500 student-athletes. UWEC is a member of the Wisconsin intercollegiate Athletic Conference, and is recognized as one of the most competitive Division III conferences.
“Scott Kilgallon brings to this position nearly two decades of experience and successful leadership both in building and improving collegiate athletics programs,” said Julian Schuster, Webster University provost, senior vice president and chief operating officer. “In addition, Scott has demonstrated a strong focus on the academic component and his student-athletes’ academic success. Athletics will continue to play an increasingly
important role as Webster University moves ahead with its new strategic plan. We are delighted to partner with Scott Kilgallon as we embark on this exciting journey.”
“Everyone at Webster is excited about Scott Kilgallon becoming our new AD,” said Paul Carney, assistant provost for student affairs and athletics. “Scott’s experience and expertise in building a top-ranked Division III program were critical factors in our decision. We believe that with support from the University, together with Scott’s leadership and our student-athletes’ and coaches’ potential and hard work, we can achieve national recognition for Webster University Athletics.”
Under Kilgallon’s leadership at UWEC, the institution’s athletic program has ranked in the top 18 during the last seven years among more than 440 Division III schools. Prior to joining UWEC, Kilgallon served for seven years as Director of Athletics and cross-country and track coach at Southern Vermont College (SVC) in Bennington, Vt. At SVC, Kilgallon secured active membership for the school with the NCAA at the Division III level and expanded its athletic program from eight to 11 intercollegiate teams.
He spent his early career in the private sector before earning a master’s degree in management from Lesley University in Cambridge, Mass. In addition, Kilgallon holds a bachelor’s degree from Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, Conn., where he also was a four-year varsity cross-country, and indoor and outdoor track-and-field student-athlete.
“I am thrilled to be the next athletics director at Webster University,” Kilgallon said. “I would like to thank Webster President Beth Stroble, Provost Julian Schuster and the search committee for their support and shared philosophy of providing a great experience for our student-athletes. I was particularly impressed with Paul Carney’s enthusiasm to move Gorlok athletics forward and the athletic staff’s commitment to their student-athletes. I can’t wait to join the Webster University community and work with our coaching staff and student-athletes.”
With its home campus in St. Louis, Webster University (www.webster.edu) is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based university providing a network of international residential campuses. Founded in 1915, Webster University’s campus network today includes metropolitan, military and corporate locations around the world, as well as traditional residential campuses in Asia, Europe, Africa and North America. The university is committed to delivering high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.
- News & Events Home
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- Contact Media Relations Experts
- Webster Today
- Admissions Statistics
- Fast Facts PDF
- Stroble Encourages Women’s Conference Attendees to ‘Join the Table’
- Freshman Preview Day 2/17/14
- Summer Registration
- Webster Men Gain SLIAC Basketball Championship Berth
- Functionality Test
- Alumnus Receives Assistant Attorney General Award
- Webster University Names Scott Kilgallon Director of Athletics
- Psychology Professor Linda Woolf Guides Adoption of American Psychological Association’s New Anti-Torture, Pro-Human Rights Policy
- Webster University’s Animation Program Ranked in National List
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- Gorloks Finish Perfect 26-0 in SLIAC
- Webster University Chess Team Co-Hosts First Tournament for Local Schools
- Webster University Baseball Ascends to Top of d3baseball.com Poll
- Webster University’s Walker School Honors AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson
- Gorloks Capture Fifth Straight SLIAC Title
- A World Class Family
- Metro UPass Program Extended into 3rd Year
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in St. Louis This Summer
- Webster Hosts S.O.A.R. Program
- Successful Kick-off for Centennial Film Series
- Webster University’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Among Best in the Nation
- Webster’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Nationally in Open Doors Report
- Ferguson Information
- Kiplinger’s Ranks Webster as a “Best Value” In the United States