Webster University Baseball Ascends to Top of d3baseball.com Poll
First time in Gorlok history that the baseball team has been ranked in first place in the nation.
ST. LOUIS (MAY 6, 2014) - The Webster University baseball team added another first for the Athletic program,
literally, as it took over the #1 spot in this week's d3baseball.com poll. The Gorloks,
who have been resting at #2 for the last three weeks, slid into the top spot with
579 points and 12 first place votes. Webster remained second in the ABCA poll, with
464 points, just 13 behind first place Linfield (477), the 2013 NCAA Champion.
In the d3baseball.com poll, the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is second with 569 points, receiving nine first place votes. Linfield dropped to #3, with 547 points and four first place votes. Webster went 4-1 last week, finishing 26-0 in the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Its only loss coming to Washington University, who have won 10 straight and 15 of its last 16 games.
On the season, Webster is 34-5 with its other four losses coming in a 3-1 loss to NCAA I Illinois State (30-15), #4 ranked Concordia-Chicago (32-5), Wheaton College (MA, 27-16) and the College of Wooster (27-13).
The Gorloks open the SLIAC Tournament on May 8, at Glik Park in Highland, IL. Webster, the #1 seed, faces Fontbonne University at 5:00 p.m.
The complete d3baseball.com poll can be found HERE, and the ABCA poll can be found HERE.
- News & Events Home
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- Contact Media Relations Experts
- Webster Today
- Admissions Statistics
- Fast Facts PDF
- Stroble Encourages Women’s Conference Attendees to ‘Join the Table’
- Freshman Preview Day 2/17/14
- Summer Registration
- Webster Men Gain SLIAC Basketball Championship Berth
- Functionality Test
- Alumnus Receives Assistant Attorney General Award
- Webster University Names Scott Kilgallon Director of Athletics
- Psychology Professor Linda Woolf Guides Adoption of American Psychological Association’s New Anti-Torture, Pro-Human Rights Policy
- Webster University’s Animation Program Ranked in National List
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- Gorloks Finish Perfect 26-0 in SLIAC
- Webster University Chess Team Co-Hosts First Tournament for Local Schools
- Webster University Baseball Ascends to Top of d3baseball.com Poll
- Webster University’s Walker School Honors AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson
- Gorloks Capture Fifth Straight SLIAC Title
- A World Class Family
- Metro UPass Program Extended into 3rd Year
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in St. Louis This Summer
- Webster Hosts S.O.A.R. Program
- Successful Kick-off for Centennial Film Series
- Webster University’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Among Best in the Nation
- Webster’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Nationally in Open Doors Report
- Ferguson Information
- Kiplinger’s Ranks Webster as a “Best Value” In the United States