Webster University’s Walker School Honors AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson
Stephenson is named CEO of the year by the business school
ST. LOUIS (MAY 6, 2014) - Webster University’s George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology honored Randall Stephenson, chairman and chief executive officer of AT&T, as its 2014 CEO of the Year on Tuesday, May 6 at World Wide Technology, Inc. Prior to accepting the award, Stephenson discussed why the next five years of the mobile revolution will be the most dramatic in the history of communications, and his insights into leading a 128-year-old iconic company like AT&T.
“During his tenure as CEO, Randall has successfully guided AT&T from a wire-centric company to a global wireless enterprise,” Benjamin Ola. Akande, dean of the Walker School, said. “He is a transformational leader with a proven capacity to move an organization from success to significance.”
Stephenson joined the organization in 1982 and has since risen through the ranks serving as senior executive vice president, chief financial officer and chief operating officer. In 2007, he was named chief executive officer.
Under his leadership, AT&T has dramatically expanded its nationwide U.S. wireless business, enhanced its advanced enterprise capabilities and expanded its fast-growing AT&T U-verse platform. Today, AT&T is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies, with 2013 revenues of $129 billion.
For more than a decade, the Walker School has bestowed its CEO of the Year Award upon innovative and inspirational global corporate leaders. Past recipients of the Walker CEO of the Year Award include: IKEA’s Mikael Ohlsson, IBM’s Sam Palmisano, Twitter’s Jack Dorsey, Monsanto’s Hugh Grant and Emerson Electric’s David Farr.
Nearly 200 Webster University community members and employees of AT&T and World Wide Technology joined Stephenson at this event. “Corporate America is fortunate to count such a visionary leader among its ranks, AT&T is blessed to have him, and we at the Walker School are honored to recognize him,” Akande said.
With its home campus in St. Louis, Webster University (www.webster.edu) is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based university providing a network of international residential campuses and a robust online learning program. Founded in 1915, Webster University’s campus network today includes metropolitan, military and corporate locations around the world, as well as traditional campuses in Asia, Europe, North America, and Africa. The university is committed to delivering high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.
Photo L-R: World Wide Technology Chairman David Steward, Walker School Dean Benjamin Ola. Akande, AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall Stephenson, Webster University President Beth Stroble, Webster University Provost and Senior Vice President Julian Schuster and Ambassador George Herbert Walker III.
- News & Events Home
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- Contact Media Relations Experts
- Webster Today
- Admissions Statistics
- Fast Facts PDF
- Stroble Encourages Women’s Conference Attendees to ‘Join the Table’
- Freshman Preview Day 2/17/14
- Summer Registration
- Webster Men Gain SLIAC Basketball Championship Berth
- Functionality Test
- Alumnus Receives Assistant Attorney General Award
- Webster University Names Scott Kilgallon Director of Athletics
- Psychology Professor Linda Woolf Guides Adoption of American Psychological Association’s New Anti-Torture, Pro-Human Rights Policy
- Webster University’s Animation Program Ranked in National List
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- Gorloks Finish Perfect 26-0 in SLIAC
- Webster University Chess Team Co-Hosts First Tournament for Local Schools
- Webster University Baseball Ascends to Top of d3baseball.com Poll
- Webster University’s Walker School Honors AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson
- Gorloks Capture Fifth Straight SLIAC Title
- A World Class Family
- Metro UPass Program Extended into 3rd Year
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in St. Louis This Summer
- Webster Hosts S.O.A.R. Program
- Successful Kick-off for Centennial Film Series
- Webster University’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Among Best in the Nation
- Webster’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Nationally in Open Doors Report
- Ferguson Information
- Kiplinger’s Ranks Webster as a “Best Value” In the United States