Cybersecurity Program Launches in St. Louis This Summer
Two seminars offered in July and two classes in the fall.
ST. LOUIS (JUNE 17, 2014) - Classes for Webster University’s Cybersecurity Program
will begin this fall in St. Louis, it was announced this week. Graduate classes will
be offered at Webster University’s Old Post Office location in the fall 1 term.
|| View Cybersecurity Degree Program
Webster University’s Cybersecurity Program is offered through the George Herbert Walker School of Business and Technology. It was launched in Colorado Springs earlier this year.
“We have heard from numerous St. Louis businesses that they are looking for employees with skills in managing the protection of data,” said Tom Johnson, associate vice president and chief of strategic initiatives at Webster University. “Cybersecurity is one of the fastest grown fields in the United States today, and we believe the demand for it will continue to grow as our society continues to become more interconnected online.”
According to a recent report by the labor-market analytics firm Burning Glass Technologies postings for cybersecurity jobs have grown 74 percent since 2007. In 2013 alone, the report said, there were more than 200,000 postings nationally for cybersecurity jobs, with an average salary of $93,028. That’s more than $15,000 higher than other IT positions as a whole. And because the number of qualified candidates for these cybersecurity jobs far lags the number of open positions, these postings tend to remain open much longer than other IT jobs, according to the Burning Glass Technologies report.
Webster’s new master’s degree program in cybersecurity was established to help fill a staggering demand for cybersecurity training in the Colorado Springs area. The U.S. Air Force Space Command approached Webster to create the program because it has 1,400 employees who need training in cybersecurity.
Additional locations may also be added to the Cybersecurity program in the coming months. To request more information about the program, or learn more about how to apply, visit http://www.webster.edu/masters/cybersecurity.html.
With its home campus in St. Louis, Webster University (www.webster.edu) is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based university providing a network of international residential campuses. Founded in 1915, Webster University’s campus network today includes metropolitan, military and corporate locations around the world, as well as traditional residential campuses in Asia, Europe, Africa and North America. The university is committed to delivering high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.
- News & Events Home
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- Contact Media Relations Experts
- Webster Today
- Admissions Statistics
- Fast Facts PDF
- Stroble Encourages Women’s Conference Attendees to ‘Join the Table’
- Freshman Preview Day 2/17/14
- Summer Registration
- Webster Men Gain SLIAC Basketball Championship Berth
- Functionality Test
- Alumnus Receives Assistant Attorney General Award
- Webster University Names Scott Kilgallon Director of Athletics
- Psychology Professor Linda Woolf Guides Adoption of American Psychological Association’s New Anti-Torture, Pro-Human Rights Policy
- Webster University’s Animation Program Ranked in National List
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- Gorloks Finish Perfect 26-0 in SLIAC
- Webster University Chess Team Co-Hosts First Tournament for Local Schools
- Webster University Baseball Ascends to Top of d3baseball.com Poll
- Webster University’s Walker School Honors AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson
- Gorloks Capture Fifth Straight SLIAC Title
- A World Class Family
- Metro UPass Program Extended into 3rd Year
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in St. Louis This Summer
- Webster Hosts S.O.A.R. Program
- Successful Kick-off for Centennial Film Series
- Webster University’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Among Best in the Nation
- Webster’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Nationally in Open Doors Report
- Ferguson Information
- Kiplinger’s Ranks Webster as a “Best Value” In the United States