Webster University Named a Best for Vets: Business Schools by Military Times
This is the third year that Webster University was named to this list.
SPRINGFIELD, VA (MARCH 9, 2015) – Webster University was named to the Military Times Best for Vets: Business Schools 2015 rankings for the third year in a row, it was announced today.
In the past year, Webster University’s program for members of the military, veterans and their families also has been recognized by G.I. Jobs magazine, Military Advanced Education magazine, and U.S. News & World Report.
“Webster University has a strong commitment to those who have served in the military and their families,” said retired U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Mike Callan, Webster’s associate vice president for Military and Governmental Programs. “We recognize the sacrifice these men and women in uniform have made to the country and are proud to play a role in helping them advance in their careers or transition to civilian life.”
Military Times is an organization made up of Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times and Marine Corps Times. For this year’s survey, the magazine focused on culture and curriculum that cater to military veterans. It used a nearly 80-question survey and sent it to veterans attending graduate business schools across the nation.
For the full Best for Vets: Business Schools 2015 rankings, visit
www.militarytimes.com/bestforvets-bizschools2015. The rankings also are published in full in the issues of Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times and Marine Corps Times on newsstands the week of March 9, as well as on ArmyTimes.com, NavyTimes.com, AirForceTimes.com, MarineCorpsTimes.com and MilitaryTimes.com.
Military Times’ Best for Vets survey-based rankings include Colleges, Career & Technical Colleges, Business Schools, Franchises, Employers and Law Enforcement.
# # #
About Military Times
The Military Times digital platforms and newsweeklies are the trusted source for independent news and information for service members and their families. The military community relies on Air Force Times, Army Times, Marine Corps Times, and Navy Times for reporting on everything important to their lives, including: pay, benefits, finance, education, health care, recreational resources, retirement, promotions, product reviews, and entertainment. Military Times is published by Gannett Government Media. To learn more, visit www.militarytimes.com.
About Gannett Government Media
Gannett Government Media was established in 1940 as Army Times Publishing Company, an independent publishing company reporting on military news and information. Since then, the company has expanded into defense and government news, and has launched or acquired more than 13 periodicals and extended its brand globally into the online and broadcasting arenas. Gannett Government Media is a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. For more information, visit www.gannettgovernmentmedia.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people and the companies who want to reach them with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
About Webster University
With its home campus in St. Louis, Webster University (www.webster.edu) is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based university providing a network of international residential campuses and a robust online learning program. Founded in 1915, Webster University’s campus network today includes metropolitan, military and corporate locations around the world, as well as traditional campuses in Asia, Europe, North America, and Africa. The university is committed to delivering high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.
- News & Events Home
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- Contact Media Relations Experts
- Webster Today
- Admissions Statistics
- Fast Facts PDF
- Stroble Encourages Women’s Conference Attendees to ‘Join the Table’
- Freshman Preview Day 2/17/14
- Summer Registration
- Webster Men Gain SLIAC Basketball Championship Berth
- Functionality Test
- Alumnus Receives Assistant Attorney General Award
- Webster University Names Scott Kilgallon Director of Athletics
- Psychology Professor Linda Woolf Guides Adoption of American Psychological Association’s New Anti-Torture, Pro-Human Rights Policy
- Webster University’s Animation Program Ranked in National List
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- Gorloks Finish Perfect 26-0 in SLIAC
- Webster University Chess Team Co-Hosts First Tournament for Local Schools
- Webster University Baseball Ascends to Top of d3baseball.com Poll
- Webster University’s Walker School Honors AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson
- Gorloks Capture Fifth Straight SLIAC Title
- A World Class Family
- Metro UPass Program Extended into 3rd Year
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in St. Louis This Summer
- Webster Hosts S.O.A.R. Program
- Successful Kick-off for Centennial Film Series
- Webster University’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Among Best in the Nation
- Webster’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Nationally in Open Doors Report
- Ferguson Information
- Kiplinger’s Ranks Webster as a “Best Value” In the United States
- Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Black History Month
- Secretary Tom Ridge to Discuss Cybersecurity in Downtown St. Louis
- Webster University Named a Best for Vets: Business Schools by Military Times
- Webster University’s School of Education Launches New Doctorate of Education
- Centennial Scholarship Established for Incoming Freshme
- Putting Theory into Practice One Word at a Time
- City, University Pave Way for Interdisciplinary Science Building in Webster Groves
- The Sounds of Success
- Webster University’s Chess Team Wins National Championship
- Webster Receives $100k Grant from The William Randolph Hearst Foundations
- Webster Singers Selected to Help Open Remodeled Pulitzer Arts Space
- Lewis and Clark Community College and Webster University Sign Agreement
- Community Invited to Make Public Art
- Webster University Chess Team to Help Community Members Improve Their Game
- Webster University Taps International Leadership for Global Positions and Enhanced Responsibilities
- Webster University Opens New Campus Location in Kansas City
- Starting Wars & Making Monsters
- Webster University Launches New Strategic Plan Global Impact for the Next Century
- Endowed Chair Created in Honor of Dean Peter Sargent
- Ombudsman Appointed to Webster University Thailand Campus
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- From “Cap & Gown” to “Gown & Crown”
- A Global Perspective
- Benjamin Akande Named President of Westminster College
- Professor Jameca Falconer Earns Fulbright Award
- Five Freshmen Selected as Presidential Scholars
- Baseball Team Headed to 3rd World Series
- Webster University Adds New Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
- Webster University Launches Cyberspace Research Institute
- Webster, Oxford Brookes Sign Memorandum of Understanding
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in Kansas City
- Thomas Johnson Named Interim Dean of Webster University’s George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology
- Helping Educators Teach for a Sustainable Future
- Jensen Named Interim Director of the Office of Corporate Partnerships