Lewis and Clark Community College and Webster University Sign Agreement
Dual enrollment agreement will assist Lewis and Clark nursing graduates in continuing their education and obtaining their bachelor’s degrees
ST. LOUIS (APRIL 9, 2015) – A new agreement between Lewis and Clark Community College
and Webster University will assist Lewis and Clark nursing graduates in continuing
their education and obtaining their bachelor’s degrees.
In 2010, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) issued a blueprint report outlining the future, entitled The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (FON). One major recommendation focused on nurses achieving higher levels of education through an educational system that promotes seamless academic progression. Specifically, the report recommends increasing the percentage of the registered nurse (RN) workforce with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degrees to 80 percent by the year 2020.
“As a result, partnerships between community colleges and universities are extremely important to assist in this demand,” said L&C Dean of Health Sciences Donna Meyer.
Currently, 51 percent of the nurses in the country hold a bachelor’s degree, according to Meyer.
“Many employers are beginning to have preferential hiring practices for the BSN-educated nurse, and therefore it is imperative for L&C graduates have their opportunity to further their education in a seamless progression,” Meyer said.
The new dual admission partnership and transfer agreement between L&C and Webster aims to encourage a smooth transition from L&C’s Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program to Webster’s Bachelor of Science degree (BSN) program.
“Lewis and Clark has a 40-year history of putting high-quality nursing graduates into the community, and this agreement only strengthens what we are able to offer our students,” Meyer said.
The dual enrollment program makes it possible for nursing students to be jointly admitted to both L&C and Webster, simultaneously. It provides nursing students at Lewis and Clark with the opportunity to seamlessly complete a BSN at Webster and provides students with access to resources at both institutions.
Students who participate in the program will also have their application fees at Webster University waived, will maximize credit transfer from Lewis and Clark, and will have the opportunity to begin coursework at Webster while completing their ADN program at L&C.
“Both institutions have a reputation of providing quality nursing education to dedicated students,” said Jennifer Broeder, associate dean of Webster University’s College of Arts and Sciences Division of Professional Programs and chair of the nursing department. “This partnership agreement helps to improve the job prospects and career satisfaction of our graduates.”
L&C will welcome Broeder, along with Webster University President Elizabeth (Beth) J. Stroble, along with Webster University Provost and Senior Vice President Julian Schuster to its Godfrey campus at 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 15, for a signing event and photo opportunity in the Nursing Conference Room, NU L104, in the Templin Nursing Building.
With its home campus in St. Louis, Missouri, Webster University (www.webster.edu) is the only Tier 1, private, non-profit U.S.-based university providing a network of international residential campuses and a robust online learning program. Founded in 1915, Webster University’s campus network today includes metropolitan, military and corporate locations around the world, as well as traditional campuses in Asia, Europe, North America and Africa. The university is committed to delivering high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence.
Founded in 1970, Lewis and Clark Community College (www.lc.edu) is a two-year higher education institution with multiple campuses, a river research center, Community Education Centers and training centers located throughout the college district, which reaches into seven counties and includes more than 220,000 residents. L&C’s mission is to empower people by raising aspirations and fostering achievement through dynamic, compassionate and responsible learning experiences.
To learn more about L&C’s nursing program, contact Director of Nursing Education Sheri Banovic at (618) 468-4410 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Webster’s nursing program, contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com or (314) 246-7800.
- News & Events Home
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- Contact Media Relations Experts
- Webster Today
- Admissions Statistics
- Fast Facts PDF
- Stroble Encourages Women’s Conference Attendees to ‘Join the Table’
- Freshman Preview Day 2/17/14
- Summer Registration
- Webster Men Gain SLIAC Basketball Championship Berth
- Functionality Test
- Alumnus Receives Assistant Attorney General Award
- Webster University Names Scott Kilgallon Director of Athletics
- Psychology Professor Linda Woolf Guides Adoption of American Psychological Association’s New Anti-Torture, Pro-Human Rights Policy
- Webster University’s Animation Program Ranked in National List
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- Gorloks Finish Perfect 26-0 in SLIAC
- Webster University Chess Team Co-Hosts First Tournament for Local Schools
- Webster University Baseball Ascends to Top of d3baseball.com Poll
- Webster University’s Walker School Honors AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson
- Gorloks Capture Fifth Straight SLIAC Title
- A World Class Family
- Metro UPass Program Extended into 3rd Year
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in St. Louis This Summer
- Webster Hosts S.O.A.R. Program
- Successful Kick-off for Centennial Film Series
- Webster University’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Among Best in the Nation
- Webster’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Nationally in Open Doors Report
- Ferguson Information
- Kiplinger’s Ranks Webster as a “Best Value” In the United States
- Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Black History Month
- Secretary Tom Ridge to Discuss Cybersecurity in Downtown St. Louis
- Webster University Named a Best for Vets: Business Schools by Military Times
- Webster University’s School of Education Launches New Doctorate of Education
- Centennial Scholarship Established for Incoming Freshme
- Putting Theory into Practice One Word at a Time
- City, University Pave Way for Interdisciplinary Science Building in Webster Groves
- The Sounds of Success
- Webster University’s Chess Team Wins National Championship
- Webster Receives $100k Grant from The William Randolph Hearst Foundations
- Webster Singers Selected to Help Open Remodeled Pulitzer Arts Space
- Lewis and Clark Community College and Webster University Sign Agreement
- Community Invited to Make Public Art
- Webster University Chess Team to Help Community Members Improve Their Game
- Webster University Taps International Leadership for Global Positions and Enhanced Responsibilities
- Webster University Opens New Campus Location in Kansas City
- Starting Wars & Making Monsters
- Webster University Launches New Strategic Plan Global Impact for the Next Century
- Endowed Chair Created in Honor of Dean Peter Sargent
- Ombudsman Appointed to Webster University Thailand Campus
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- From “Cap & Gown” to “Gown & Crown”
- A Global Perspective
- Benjamin Akande Named President of Westminster College
- Professor Jameca Falconer Earns Fulbright Award
- Five Freshmen Selected as Presidential Scholars
- Baseball Team Headed to 3rd World Series
- Webster University Adds New Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
- Webster University Launches Cyberspace Research Institute
- Webster, Oxford Brookes Sign Memorandum of Understanding
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in Kansas City
- Thomas Johnson Named Interim Dean of Webster University’s George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology
- Helping Educators Teach for a Sustainable Future
- Jensen Named Interim Director of the Office of Corporate Partnerships