Webster University Adds New Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
New degrees will be available for the Fall 2015 semester
ST. LOUIS (MAY 20, 2015) - From the latest in biotechnology and new media production to mastering the art of leading organizations through change, Webster University is launching a diverse selection of new programs as it enters its second century. The three undergraduate programs and six graduate degrees, all of which will be available for the Fall 2015 semester, are designed as market-responsive answers to student needs.
“Webster strives to offer programs to meet the needs of our students,” said Vice Provost
Nancy Hellerud, who oversees academic affairs at Webster University. "We’ve looked
at Webster’s strengths while also considering the skills and competencies needed in
various industries and feel that these new programs will equip graduates to excel
in their chosen fields.”
The new undergraduate degrees are:
Bachelor of Science in Computational Biology: This degree will prepare students for careers in bioinformatics. Computational biology
combines coursework in biology, chemistry, math and computer science to help students
develop foundational scientific knowledge and the ability to use new technologies
in analyzing scientific data.
Bachelor of Music in Songwriting: This degree combines aspects of audio production, music composition, lyric-writing and popular music styles within a performance-based conservatory-style music degree.
Minor in Mobile Computing: This 18-credit hour minor in mobile computing will allow students to demonstrate critical thinking skills in the field of mobile computing and demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and principles of mobile software systems.
The new graduate degrees are:
Master of Arts in Change Leadership: Change leadership is a new field for managers and requires the development of theory, skills and professional frameworks that will allow them to adapt to changes and manage challenges in the workplace. Read more about Change Leadership offerings here.
Master of Arts in Human Services: This degree prepares students for careers improving human service delivery systems
– which include education, health and social services – and enacting positive changes
through leadership in the social services field.
Master of Arts in New Media Production: This degree will help students master the creative and technical skills they need in today’s dynamic multimedia environment. Using the latest tools, tactics and techniques, students will be able to sharpen production skills and produce attention-grabbing content. Read more about New Media Production here.
Master of Science in Science Management and Leadership: Today, the scientific community needs leaders who can have communication skills and technical knowledge. Webster University's Science Management and Leadership programs help students and professionals find advancement in their fields.
Master of Arts in Teaching in Special Education: Improvements that have allowed learning disabilities to be diagnosed at earlier ages have created an increased demand for qualified special education instructors. This degree provides the foundation for teacher preparation leading to initial Missouri teacher certification in Special Education: Cross-Categorical.
Webster will also begin offering a Doctorate in Education degree in the School of Education. Webster University’s Doctor of Education (Ed.D) in Transformative Learning in the Global Community is an interdisciplinary, scholarship- and research-oriented program, which invites a broad range of educational professionals to enter into a genre of transformative learning to expand their knowledge and beliefs about learning and teaching. This program develops scholars and leaders with globally- and socially-conscious perspectives through the study of the philosophies, history and theory of education systems (global, social, and psychological); their practical and ethical applications and global service learning practicums.
For more information on any of these degree programs, contact the admissions department at email@example.com or 1-800-753-6765.
- News & Events Home
- 2013 News Archive
- 2012 News Archive
- Contact Media Relations Experts
- Webster Today
- Admissions Statistics
- Fast Facts PDF
- Stroble Encourages Women’s Conference Attendees to ‘Join the Table’
- Freshman Preview Day 2/17/14
- Summer Registration
- Webster Men Gain SLIAC Basketball Championship Berth
- Functionality Test
- Alumnus Receives Assistant Attorney General Award
- Webster University Names Scott Kilgallon Director of Athletics
- Psychology Professor Linda Woolf Guides Adoption of American Psychological Association’s New Anti-Torture, Pro-Human Rights Policy
- Webster University’s Animation Program Ranked in National List
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- Gorloks Finish Perfect 26-0 in SLIAC
- Webster University Chess Team Co-Hosts First Tournament for Local Schools
- Webster University Baseball Ascends to Top of d3baseball.com Poll
- Webster University’s Walker School Honors AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson
- Gorloks Capture Fifth Straight SLIAC Title
- A World Class Family
- Metro UPass Program Extended into 3rd Year
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in St. Louis This Summer
- Webster Hosts S.O.A.R. Program
- Successful Kick-off for Centennial Film Series
- Webster University’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Among Best in the Nation
- Webster’s Study Abroad Program Ranked Nationally in Open Doors Report
- Ferguson Information
- Kiplinger’s Ranks Webster as a “Best Value” In the United States
- Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Black History Month
- Secretary Tom Ridge to Discuss Cybersecurity in Downtown St. Louis
- Webster University Named a Best for Vets: Business Schools by Military Times
- Webster University’s School of Education Launches New Doctorate of Education
- Centennial Scholarship Established for Incoming Freshme
- Putting Theory into Practice One Word at a Time
- City, University Pave Way for Interdisciplinary Science Building in Webster Groves
- The Sounds of Success
- Webster University’s Chess Team Wins National Championship
- Webster Receives $100k Grant from The William Randolph Hearst Foundations
- Webster Singers Selected to Help Open Remodeled Pulitzer Arts Space
- Lewis and Clark Community College and Webster University Sign Agreement
- Community Invited to Make Public Art
- Webster University Chess Team to Help Community Members Improve Their Game
- Webster University Taps International Leadership for Global Positions and Enhanced Responsibilities
- Webster University Opens New Campus Location in Kansas City
- Starting Wars & Making Monsters
- Webster University Launches New Strategic Plan Global Impact for the Next Century
- Endowed Chair Created in Honor of Dean Peter Sargent
- Ombudsman Appointed to Webster University Thailand Campus
- Webster University Participates in Give STL Day
- From “Cap & Gown” to “Gown & Crown”
- A Global Perspective
- Benjamin Akande Named President of Westminster College
- Professor Jameca Falconer Earns Fulbright Award
- Five Freshmen Selected as Presidential Scholars
- Baseball Team Headed to 3rd World Series
- Webster University Adds New Undergraduate and Graduate Programs
- Webster University Launches Cyberspace Research Institute
- Webster, Oxford Brookes Sign Memorandum of Understanding
- Cybersecurity Program Launches in Kansas City
- Thomas Johnson Named Interim Dean of Webster University’s George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology
- Helping Educators Teach for a Sustainable Future
- Jensen Named Interim Director of the Office of Corporate Partnerships