ESL Bridge Program for International Students
ESL Program Overview
ESL is designed as a two-course Bridge Program for international students who need to develop and improve their English language skills and allows for concurrent graduate program studies at the Webster University-Orlando campus. Assignments and skill building coursework at all levels of the ESL program reflect the topics and assignments of a typical American university.
Information regarding Admission to Webster University can be found at: http://www.webster.edu/admissions/graduate/grinternationaladmission.html
BRIDGE PROGRAM: 6 credits
To qualify for Admission to Webster University as an for the ESL Bridge Program, you must have a 6.0 IELTS score; 68-88 TOEFL score; or 50-60 PTE score.
- Students must achieve minimum scores on an ESL placement test to be eligible for the bridge program.
- Students will enroll in ESL for two terms, taking one ESL class per term at the same as their degree program class.
- ESL tuition is $1,605 per class. Total = $3300.00 for both courses.
Students take 6 credit hours of ESL instruction (3 credit hours per term) at the same time as the coursework for their graduate degree. These 6 credit hours include:
ESLG 4000: Research Writing
ESLG 4050: ESL Seminar
- Please meet with your Academic Advisor to schedule your ESL placement test.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to test time in order to check-in and pay.
- Testing fee: $20 (Cash or check made out to Webster University – No debit or credit cards). You will pay your testing fee on the day of the test;
- Please bring #2 pencils and a picture ID.
- You can use a paper dictionary for the written portion. No electronic dictionaries or cell phones can be used during the test.
Additional information regarding the test can be obtained by contacting the Orlando Academic Advisor, Scott Callaway, at email@example.com.