Steps to Graduation
This year, we are excited to announce that all Florida Webster University campuses will be holding a combined commencement ceremony!
Students completing all degree requirements by the Summer 2017 semester may walk in the 2017 ceremony! The ceremony will be held in the Linda W. Chapin Theater at the Orange County Convention Center on:
Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 11:00 am
If you wish to participate in the ceremony, please follow the following steps completely:
1. Submit a Petition to Graduate
Students completing their degree must fill out an online Petition to Graduate prior to graduation, at the time of registration for your final term. The main campus will not confer your degree or release your diploma until this form has been received. You may access the petition using the link below:
Please note: A student who completes a graduate degree, (including all required, elective, and transfer courses) while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.950, receives Graduate Academic Honors. Accelerated sequential degrees are excluded from this designation. If you believe you qualify for honors, please inform the campus so they may verify.
2. Clear Business Office Accounts
Students who have completed all of their academic requirements to graduate must clear their Student Business Office account balance prior to diploma and transcript release. Credit card payments are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee. Check payments have a holding period of 10 days before release of transcripts. For more information, call the Business Office at 1-800-981-9803.
3. Complete RSVP Card
Complete the RSVP card for the 2016 Commencement Ceremony, which will be held at The Orange County Convention Center on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 11:00 am. The doors to the theater will open for seating at approximately 10:00 am. There is no reserved seating, so please let your guests know to arrive in a timely fashion. Please be sure to RSVP by March 31, 2017!
Graduates/Guests With Disabilities
Indicate your needs on the RSVP card. Please note that guests with limited mobility should enter the Linda Chapin Theater through the International drive side of the building. Guests may be dropped off at the front of the building, but parking is still in the back of the building in the designated parking area. There will be a University representative at the doors on the International drive side of the building to point you and your guests in the right direction. Be aware that the walk from the lot to the theater is rather long, so please arrive a little early, especially if you are dropping a guest off at the front.
4. Purchase Your Cap and Gown
To order your Master's cap and gown, visit this site. Online ordering is now open. Please complete your order by Thursday, March 31, 2016 to ensure your items are delivered before the commencement date. Shipping time is usually around 5 weeks. If you miss the online ordering deadline, you may call Jostens at 1-800-854-7464 and place your order by phone. Please note, this option will also incur an additional fee of $20.00. Do not leave this for the last minute!
Please note that there will be no representatives on campus, ordering will be handled exclusively online through the Jostens website.
- From the Jostens website, click on 'Graduation Caps & Gowns' on the right.
- Click on 'student' under Select your Collection.
- Select the Masters Cap, Gown, Tassel. (Note that the picture shows a black cap & gown, but the actual product will be dark blue)
- Click customize, and enter height/weight, and click next.
- From the drop box, select your major, and click next (MBA students should select "Business Administration," MA in Management, HR, or Counseling graduates should select "Arts," and "Finance" graduates should select "Science").
- Verify your info, and edit if necessary.
- Click add to cart, enter name, and click on checkout. Finish final steps to complete order.
- You will receive an immediate email confirmation of your order with a confirmation number. Please keep this number for future reference. Once you receive your confirmation number you know Jostens has the order!
If you have questions about ordering, call Jostens’ Consumer Contact Center at 1-800-854-7464.
Below is the listing of hood colors so you may verify you received the correct hood
when your order arrives:
BA/MA - Bachelor/Master of Arts - White
BS/MS - Bachelor/Master of Science - Gold
BBA/MBA - Bachelor/Master of Business Administration - Drab
MHA - Master of Health Administration - Salmon
MPA - Master of Public Administration - Peacock
5. Distribute Announcements/Maps
Distribute copies of the map to your commencement ceremony to friends and family with your Commencement announcements.
- Announcements and rings are available through Jostens.
- Commencement photos can be purchased from GradImages - Pre-Event Registration Discount Information.
- Orange County Convention Center Map (large)
- Orange County Convention Center Map (with directions)
6. Prepare for the Ceremony
Please read the Student Graduation Information Letter completely as it contains additional details. The letter will also be mailed and e-mailed to you with a map and directions attached.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Orlando Campus at 407-869-8111,
or reach out to A.J. Torres directly at email@example.com.
We look forward to celebrating with you at the ceremony!