Recognizing the important role parents play in the success of their children's college
experience, the Webster University Parent Council has been created to establish a
formal channel of communication between the parent community and the University.
The Parent Council gives voice to parents and provides an opportunity for Webster University to share important information on curriculum, study abroad opportunities, student life, financial aid, capital improvements, athletics and programmatic news from deans and faculty. The Parent Council plays an integral role in the University, and specifically, serves as a vital resource to Parent Association planning and execution.
Members of the Parent Council have access to the University's leadership and are a communications conduit for the parent community at large. In developing a strong, two-way channel of communication between Webster and the parent community, the University strives toward providing each of its students with the very best college experience possible and as a consequence delivering high parental satisfaction.
Working with Webster's Director of Parent & Student Programs, the Parent Council helps
plan various initiatives such as new student orientation, family weekend and the parent
fund. Parent Council members may also assist by supporting student recruitment, and
facilitating career connections and other opportunities for Webster University students.
The Parent Council consists of Co-Chairs and a council of up to 20-30 parents of current undergraduate Webster University students. Parent Council members serve at the invitation of the Director of Parent & Student Programs.
Parent Council members understand the importance of the University's Annual Fund and support efforts to increase parental participation, including their own annual commitment.
The Parent Council meets twice a year on the campus of Webster University for planning purposes. Logistical support is provided by the Director of Parent & Student Programs.
The Co-Chairs of the Parent Council exhibit strong support for the Council's goals through their engagement with campus activities and support of the Annual Fund. The Co-Chairs provide leadership to the Council and as representatives of the parent community; act as a liaison to the University's President. Parent Council Chairs are appointed by the Director of Parent & Student Programs.
Expectations of Board Members
- Serve as a member of the Parent Council for the duration of your student's enrollment at Webster.
- Attend and participate in two Council meetings on campus, per year. The fall meeting held in conjunction with Family Weekend and the spring meeting held the first weekend of March.
- Make an annual gift to the Parent Fund in accordance with your capability, and preferably as a member of the Webster Society - $1,500 a year.
- Learn about Webster, its mission, programs and activities.
- Learn about the Webster Parent Association, its mission, membership and activities.
- Participate in Webster Parent events to the best of your ability.
- Be responsive to the Director of Parent & Student Programs for requests, such as meeting invitations and inform the office of any updates for your contact information, etc.
- Be an advocate for Webster and serve as a resource for families in your geographic area.
Current Parent Council Members
Melissa & Andy Grizzle - Chairs
Lori and Kevin Bacon
Tara & Michael Baldridge
Carlotta & Rev. Rodrick Burton
Kristin & Steven Francis
Jean & Matt Kovatovich
Dawn & Joe Kromer
Marta and Antonio Santos