Recognizing the important role parents play in the success of their children's college
experience, the Webster University Parents Council has been created to establish a
formal channel of communication between the parent community and the University.
The Parents Council gives voice to parents and provides an opportunity for Webster University to share important information on curriculum, study abroad opportunities, student life, financial aid, capital improvements, athletics and programmatic news from deans and faculty. The Parents Council plays an integral role in the University's Alumni and Parents Programs, and specifically, serves as a vital resource to Parent Programs planning and execution.
Members of the Parents Council have access to the University's leadership and are a communications conduit for the parent community at large. In developing a strong, two-way channel of communication between Webster and the parent community, the University strives toward providing each of its students with the very best college experience possible and as a consequence delivering high parental satisfaction.
Working with Webster's Alumni and Parents Programs team, the Parents Council helps
plan various Parent Programs such as new student orientation, parents weekend and
the parent fund. Parent Council members may also assist by supporting student recruitment,
and facilitating career connections and other opportunities for Webster University
The Parents Council consists of Co-Chairs and a council of up to 20-30 parents of current undergraduate Webster University students. Parents Council members serve at the invitation of the University's Alumni and Parent Programs team.
Parents Council members understand the importance of the University's Annual Fund and support efforts to increase parental participation, including their own annual commitment.
The Parents Council meets twice a year on the campus of Webster University for planning purposes. Logistical support is provided by the Alumni and Parent Programs team.
The Co-Chairs of the Parents Council exhibit strong support for the Council's goals through their engagement with campus activities and support of the Annual Fund. The Co-Chairs provide leadership to the Council and as representatives of the parent community; act as a liaison to the University's President. Parent Council Chairs are appointed by the university staff in consultation with university leadership.
Expectations of Board Members
- Serve as a member of the Parents Council for the duration of your student's enrollment at Webster.
- Attend and participate in two Council meetings on campus, per year. The fall meeting held in conjunction with Parents Weekend and the spring meeting held the first weekend of March.
- Make an annual gift to the Parents Fund in accordance with your capability, and preferably as a member of the Daniel Webster Society (DWS) - $1,250 a year.
- Learn about Webster, its mission, programs and activities.
- Learn about the Webster Parents Program, its mission, membership and activities.
- Participate in Webster Parent events to the best of your ability.
- Be responsive to the Office of Alumni & Parent Programs at Webster for requests, such as meeting invitations and inform the office of any updates for your contact information, etc.
- Be an advocate for Webster and serve as a resource for families in your geographic area.
Current Parents Council Members
Melissa & Andy Grizzle - Chairs
Lori and Kevin Bacon
Carlotta & Rev. Rodrick Burton
Jean & Matt Kovatovich
Dawn & Joe Kromer
Mary & Matt Migalla
Jan & Richard Muraski
Julie and Corey Powers
Marta and Antonio Santos