An explosion is caused by a rapid expansion of gas from chemical reactions or incendiary devices.
Signs of an explosion may be a very loud noise or series of noises and vibrations, fire, heat or smoke, falling glass, debris or building damage.
- Get out of the building as quickly and as calmly as possible.
- Call Public Safety at Ext 6911.
- If items are falling off of bookshelves or from the ceiling, get under a sturdy table or desk.
- If there is fire, stay low and exit the building.
- If you are trapped in debris, tap on a pipe or wall so that rescuers can locate you.
- Assist others in exiting the building and move to designated evacuation areas.
- General Evacuation & Relocation
- Evacuation Plan for Persons with Disabilities
- Civil Protest
- Bomb Threat
- Hazardous Material Incident
- Armed Intruder
- Public Safety Home
- Crime Prevention
- Rape Aggression Defense System
- Clery Crime & Fire Reports
- Crisis Response
- Sexual Misconduct Information & Resources
- Clery / HEOA
- Non-Emergency Law Enforcement Telephone Numbers