The Department of Public Safety utilizes a variety of procedures and equipment to service the university community. These include but are not limited to:
- Parking lot and Building Patrol 24/7;
- The use of video surveillance and card access;
- Opening of campus each day and securing the campus each night;
- Response to and investigation of all emergency situations;
- Response to and investigation of all reported criminal activity and behavior;
- Provide security at special campus events;
- Escort service;
- Parking Permit issuance and enforcement;
- Lost/Found Property;
- Provide educational materials and programs to students, faculty and staff; and
- Any and all other security related functions as required.
The Department of Public Safety operates an Escort Service on campus for any member of the university community who requires an escort. The officers will respond on foot to escort the individual to their location on campus. This service is provided 24 hours a day.
During busy periods, callers may experience a delay in the arrival of the officer, depending on the volume of calls on the particular day. Escorts are provided for safety, not convenience.
To request an escort, dial extension 7430 (on campus) or 314-968-7430 if off campus. You may also use any of emergency call box telephones on campus in an emergency to request an escort.
Emergency Call Boxes
There are emergency call boxes located throughout the campus which are a direct line to the Public Safety Dispatcher. When activated, these call boxes immediately notify the dispatcher of the caller's location. Once a call box is activated, public safety officers are immediately dispatched to that location regardless if there is any communication or not.