The Department of Public Safety utilizes a variety of procedures and equipment to service the university community. These include but are not limited to:
- 24 hour, 365 days patrol of campus facilities.
- Patrols are provided by foot, bicycle and vehicle.
- The use of video surveillance throughout campus.
- Building access control.
- Response to and investigation of all reported criminal activity and behavior.
- Provide security at special campus events.
- Campus Safety Escort service.
- Parking permit issuance and enforcement of parking regulations.
- Issuance of Webster University identification cards.
- Maintain campus Lost and Found.
- Provide crime prevention educational materials and programs to students, faculty and staff.
- Train campus community in CPR and first aid.
- Any and all other security related functions as required.
- Manage Campus Emergency Response Team (CERT).
Campus Safety Escort Service
The Department of Public Safety operates a Campus Safety Escort Service on campus for any member of the university community who requires an escort. An officer will respond on foot to escort the individual to their location on campus. This service is provided 24 hours a day.
During busy periods, callers may experience a delay in the arrival of the officer, depending on the volume of calls on the particular day.
To request an escort, dial extension 7430 or 314-968-7430. You may also use any of emergency call box telephones on campus in an emergency to request an safety escort.
Emergency Call Boxes
Emergency call boxes located throughout the campus which are a direct line to the Public Safety Dispatcher. When activated, these call boxes immediately notify the dispatcher of the caller's location. Once a call box is activated, public safety officers are immediately dispatched to that location regardless if there is any communication or not. Call boxes are easily identified with blue lights.