Base Entry Pass Procedures
Base Entry Procedures
Base security measures require that each term civilian, non DOD affiliated students obtain laminated picture ID cards issued from the Shiloh Gate Visitor Control Center in order to obtain entry onto Scott AFB for class.
- ALL WEBSTER STUDENTS NEEDING A PASS MUST COMPLETE AND RETURN THEIR “CONSENT FOR BACKGROUND CHECK” FORM NO LATER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF EACH TERM.
- Civilian students will be required to apply for picture ID cards for each term of enrollment.
- Civilian students will need to complete a “Consent for Background Check” form. This form must have your original signature therefore it cannot be faxed or emailed to our office. Please contact our office for a copy of this form.
- If you are a late registrant, you will need to come by our office for documentation to take to the visitor's center.
- A student/faculty pass is only valid for the person to which it was issued.
- Passes will only be valid 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after your scheduled class time.
- Passes are only to be used to go directly from the gate and directly to class and return.
- If you loose your pass you must report the loss to the Visitor's Control Center
Obtaining a Term Base Entry Picture ID
In order to obtain your term Base Entry picture ID at the Visitor's Control Center (VCC) you must:
- Have authorization from Webster University's Scott AFB office.
- Go to the Visitor's Control Center no sooner than 3 days prior to the first night of your course.
- Request a base entry pass from the VCC to attend Webster University classes.
- Pass a background check completed on the spot at the VCC.
- Provide a valid driver's license, current vehicle registration, and current vehicle insurance card. (These must be in your possession at all times while operating a motor vehicle base.)
Visitor's Control Center
The Visitor's Control Center is located just inside the Shiloh gate on the left. Their hours are:
- 6 am to 6 pm, Monday–Friday
- 8 am to noon, Saturday
During operating hours the Visitor Control Center will provide the following services:
- Issue visitor passes;
- Enroll personnel in the Biometrics system for METRO link gate entry; and,
- Issue all contractor, vendor, & visitor passes.
Phone number to reach the VCC is 256-2008.
If you have additional questions about the aforementioned procedures please contact the Webster office.
Webster University and the U.S. Department of Defense have worked together for nearly 40 years to provide high-quality and cost-effective undergraduate and graduate programs at military installations and other locations throughout the country.