The 2014 Commencement Ceremony was held on June 8 at the King Center in Melbourne. Click here to view pictures from the ceremony. This link will be updated as new images are received.
The 2015 Commencement Ceremony will be held on Friday, June 5, at 7:00 pm, at the King Center in Melbourne. If you have submitted your Petition to Graduate, you will receive a packet by mail. Information will be posted here as it becomes available.
Frequently Asked QuestionsI'm almost done with my courses. What do I need to do to graduate?
Once you have completed ten courses and before the first week of your last course, submit a completed Petition to Graduate to your home campus. The form may be dropped off in person, mailed, or faxed. If you miss that deadline, contact your academic advisor.
The Petition asks for a lot of information. What if I don't know it all?
You must complete only four items:
1. Your name as you would like it to appear on your diploma.
2. The term you intend to graduate.
3. Your major(s).
4. Your signature. (Very important! The petition cannot be processed without your signature.)
If you can complete more of the Petition, do so. If not, your home campus will complete it for you.
When do I graduate?
That depends on what you mean by graduating. There are 3 parts and each occurs at a different time:
- Degree Conferral-- Webster University graduates, or confers degrees, on students five times a year, once at the end of each term. (Check with your home campus for the exact date of degree conferral.) If you have submitted a Petition to Graduate and met all graduation requirements, your transcript is noted degree conferred two to three weeks after the end of the term.
- Receipt of Diploma-- Diplomas are mailed to the home addresses of students who have graduated and have no holds on their accounts about twelve weeks after degree conferral. Diplomas are not distributed at the Commencement ceremony.
- Commencement Ceremony -- Webster University holds several commencement ceremonies in Central Florida throughout the year, as well as one at the main campus in St. Louis each May. To participate in the St. Louis ceremony, contact the Merritt Island campus. The next Brevard County ceremony is scheduled for June 5, 2015. All eligible Space Coast students will automatically receive information about the Brevard County ceremony. The Orlando campuses will hold a ceremony on November 1, 2014. To participate in this ceremony, contact Sara Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (321) 449-4500 at least six weeks prior to the ceremony.
Once your transcript is noted degree conferred, supplying an official transcript, available at no charge, demonstrates that you have earned your degree.