EVENT PLANNING STEPS
RESERVE the VENUE (Reservation should include set-up and break down time)
- University Center
- UC Request Form (pdf)
- East Academic Building
- Emerson Library Conference Room
- Winifred Moore Auditorium (pdf)
Determine your Room Set-Up: Make arrangements for room set-up (examples) with venue director or place Work Order with Facilities Operations
Arrange for Sound or other AV support or Web Stream. Contact Media & Academic Technology Services (MATS) and provide as much information as you have on the "Media Services Event Support Worksheet (pdf).” Send to MATS@webster.edu. Please be sure to include preferred method of contact for further discussion to clarify your needs.
CONTACT the CATERER
Sodexo Contact: Lillian Saldana Phone: 314-246-7775 E-Mail: email@example.com
Company: Weinhardt Party Rentals Phone: 314-822-9000
CREATE EVENT ACTIVITY – “RUN of SHOW”
EVENT PLANNING TIPS
- Check the University Calendar for any competing events and to submit your event.
- Check the Religious Calendar for activity and dietary restrictions that may affect your attendees.
- Check the Repertory Theater Schedule of events to determine if there will be parking issues, depending on which venue you will be using.
- Make sure your guests are aware of parking available for the event.
- Notify Public Safety about your event.
- Define your audience and make sure your event and venue is accessible for all of your guests.
- Anticipate issues that may arise and create pre-planned solutions.
- Event Checklist
- Media Services Checklist
- Protocol for Outside Organizations
- Dietary Restrictions, Food Allergies and Religious Restrictions
- Guest Speaker Preparation
- Additional Event Resources