WINS Travel Award
The WINS Travel Award is designed to increase the international opportunities for WINS students, who choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses at our campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; Vienna, Austria; Leiden, the Netherlands; Oxford, England and Cha-Am/Bangkok, Thailand and our exchanges in China, Mexico, and Japan.
The award is only offered to students that are degree-seeking at an institution that is a member of the Webster International Network of Schools (WINS) and meet all eligibility and conditions of the award. The WINS Travel Award is provided directly to accepted affiliated student and covers up to one thousand dollars ($1,000) toward the round-trip coach airline ticket. The award can be used for this Summer, Fall or Spring terms. Webster's Office of Study Abroad will coordinate with the travel agency and serve as liaison between the WINS student and the agency on all ticketing.
This award is not guaranteed and applicants must meet all eligibility requirements and conditions to receive the award. Please refer to the WINS form (Study Abroad application) for complete listings of all eligibility requirements and conditions of the award.
To meet minimum eligibility requirements students must:
- Be a degree-seeking student of a member of the Webster International Network of Schools (WINS).
- Be accepted into a Webster University study abroad program at an international location.
- Be in good academic, social, and financial standing.
- Not receive tuition remission or tuition exchange benefits from Webster University.
To meet the conditions of the award students must:
- Obtain their airline round-trip ticket from TravelPlex, Webster University's travel agency.
- Pay for any amount over $1,000 towards the airline ticket.
- Maintain good academic, social, and financial standing throughout the study abroad experience.
- Successfully complete a minimum of one term (earn at least six credit hours) abroad as a full-time equivalent student
Noncompliance with the conditions of the award may result in revocation of the award. If a student withdraws early or does not successfully complete the term abroad with Webster University as required by the University, the amount of the WINS Travel Award may be charged to the student's account.
The student is financially responsible for any change fee and/or re-booking which may be made to the airline ticket. If possible, students will be booked on flights with other study abroad students to ensure timely arrival and travel support from the local campus.