Program Withdrawal and Extension Policies
If you find it necessary to withdraw from your studies, you must contact the Office of Study Abroad in St. Louis before withdrawing from your classes. Here are the steps to take to withdraw from a study abroad program:
- Inform the Office of Study Abroad IN WRITING. This can be via email or by written letter.
- If you DO NOT inform us in writing of your withdrawal, we will assume that you WILL participate in the program. If you fail to notify our office of your withdrawal, you will be responsible for any funds paid out by the University on your behalf.
- Students who withdraw from the program at any time forfeit the $165 security deposit.
- Students who withdraw late will be responsible for the study abroad fee and may be responsible for housing deposits, fees, and/or unused accommodations reserved on your behalf by Webster University.
- If a student has already been awarded the WWTP travel award or WINS travel award, they are responsible for the cancellation fee for the plane ticket and/or the ticket in its entirety.
- If you do not receive an email confirmation about your withdrawal request, please assume that we have not received it.
- Follow up with the office to make sure your withdrawal is complete.
- Students who withdraw after the following deadlines will be responsible for the study abroad fee and will be responsible for housing deposits, fees, and/or unused accommodations reserved on their behalf by Webster University.
- Students who withdraw after the following deadlines: (Spring 1 or Semester - November
25, Spring 2 - January 25, Summer March 25, Fall 1 - June 25, and Fall 2 - August
25) will be responsible for the study abroad fee and will be responsible for housing
deposits, fees, and/or unused accommodations reserved on their behalf by Webster–Geneva,
Webster–Leiden, and Webster–Thailand, and Webster–Vienna.
|Fall 1||June 25|
|Fall 2||August 25|
|Spring 1||November 25|
|Spring 2||January 25th|
If you decide to extend your study abroad experience, you must contact the Office of Study Abroad in St. Louis before registering for classes for the next semester. Here are the steps to take to extend your study abroad experience:
- Inform the Office of Study Abroad and the local Student Services Office via email.
- Extend visa, if applicable.
- Register for courses for the next semester through the local Academic Advisor.
- If you've received the travel award and would make any changes to your original itinerary (students are responsible for any change fees), you can contact Amber Oliver at TravelPlex (firstname.lastname@example.org). This must be done before your original departure date passes.
- Academic Credit
- Term Limit for Study Abroad
- Tuition and Fees While Abroad
- Withdrawal and Extension Policies
- Emergency Proceedures
- Non-Affiliated International Programs
- Study Abroad Home
- Study Abroad Application
- International Programs
- Study Abroad Resources
- Financial Aid
- Policies and Procedures
- Study Abroad Magazine
- WINS Affiliates
- Contact Us
- Summer Study at Webster's International Campuses