Travel & Visas


All students must have a valid passport to travel outside the United States. If you have not yet applied for your passport, visit the United States Postal Service website for details.


It is the responsibility of the student to procure the proper visa for studying in Austria, if needed. Some consulates allow students to mail in student visa applications; others require students to apply in person. Please contact the consulate in your jurisdiction to find out how to apply, and what materials are needed for the Austrian student visa.

Austrian Embassy, Washington, D.C. - Consular Section

Jurisdiction: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas , Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Commonwealth of the Bahamas.

Austrian Consulate General, New York

Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Wisconsin, and Bermuda.

Austrian Consulate General, Los Angeles

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, and Pacific Islands.

Austrian Visa Information

For your convenience, the Office of Study Abroad has generated instructional materials that will help you with the process of completing the forms required for your visa.  Feel free to use the following forms to assist you as your complete your student visa.



Please note: If you plan to study abroad in a country that requires a student visa, you will be guided through the application process by the OSA staff. While the Office of Study Abroad will assist participants about procedures and requirements, securing a visa is an individual responsibility, and not one that OSA or Webster University can or will assume. Webster University is not legally in a position to give any advice on applying for a visa.If you need further information, please direct your inquiries to the Austrian Consulate that serves your region.Visa fees, postage fees and/or travel fees to secure a student visa in person are the responsibility of the student.

If you need assistance with your visa application, you may seek help with a visa services company, typically for an additional fee. NAFSA, Association of International Educators, recommends Perry International located in Chicago.

Updated Flight Regulations

To obtain the latest information about what can and cannot be brought aboard a plane when traveling internationally, please visit the Transportation Security Administration.

US News and World Report Best Colleges Midwest