Travel and Visas | Webster University

Travel and Visas


All students must have a valid passport to travel outside the United States. If you have not yet applied for your passport, visit the United States Postal Service Website for details.


It is the responsibility of the student to procure the proper visa for studying in China. 


Please note: If you plan to study abroad in a country that requires a student visa, you will be guided through the application process by the OSA staff. While the Office of Study Abroad will assist participants about procedures and requirements, securing a visa is an individual responsibility, and not one that OSA or Webster University can or will assume. Webster University is not legally in a position to give any advice on applying for a visa.If you need further information, please direct your inquiries to the Chinese Consulate that serves your region.

If you need assistance with your visa application, you may seek help with a visa services company, typically for an additional fee. NAFSA, Association of International Educators, recommends Perry International located in Chicago.

Updated Flight Regulations

To obtain the latest information about what can and cannot be brought aboard a plane when traveling internationally, please visit the Transportation Security Administration.