Osaka Travel | Webster University

Osaka Travel Information


Still need a passport? Click here.


Students are required to procure the proper visa for studying in the Japan. Information can be obtained by contacting the Japanese Embassy or your regional consulate.

Japanese Embassy, Washington D.C.-Consular Section
Jurisdiction: Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia

Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta
Jurisdiction: Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia

Consulate-General of Japan in Boston
Jurisdiction: Connecticut (except zip codes beginning with 068 and 069), Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont

Consulate-General of Japan in Chicago
Jurisdiction: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin

Consulate-General of Japan in Denver
Jurisdiction: Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming

Consulate-General of Japan in Detroit
Jurisdiction: Michigan and Ohio

Consulate-General of Japan in Honolulu
Jurisdiction: Hawaii

Consulate-General of Japan in Houston
Jurisdiction: Oklahoma and Texas

Consulate-General of Japan in Los Angeles
Jurisdiction: Arizona, Southern California (zip codes beginning 900 - 931 and 935)

Consulate-General of Japan in Miami

Consulate-General of Japan in Nashville
Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Consulate-General of Japan in New York
Jurisdiction:Connecticut (zip codes beginning 068 and 069), Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands

Consulate-General of Japan in Portland
Jurisdiction:Oregon, and Southern Idaho

Consulate-General of Japan in San Francisco
Jurisdiction:Nevada, Northern California (zip codes beginning 932 and above, except 935)>

Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle
Montana, Northern Idaho, and Washington

Consulate-Office of Japan in Anchorage
Jurisdiction: Alaska


Please note: If you plan to study abroad in a country that requires a student visa, you will be guided through the application process by the OSA staff. While the Office of Study Abroad will assist participants about procedures and requirements, securing a visa is an individual responsibility, and not one that OSA or Webster University can or will assume. Webster University is not legally in a position to give any advice on applying for a visa. If you need further information, please direct your inquiries to the Japanese consulate that serves your region. Visa fees, postage fees and/or travel fees to secure a student visa in person are the responsibility of the student.

Updated Flight Regulations

To obtain the latest information about what can and cannot be brought aboard a plane when traveling internationally, please visit the Transportation Security Administration.