All students must have a valid visa to travel outside of the United States. If you have not yet applied for your visa, visit The United States Postal Service website for information on how to apply.


Additionally, students are required to procure the proper visa for studying in Thailand. Information can be obtained by contacting your regional Thai consulate. Check the appropriate web site and click on "Consular Services" to find out how to apply, if Non-Immigrant Visa applications can be accepted by mail and what materials are needed for the Thai visa.

Royal Thai Consulate, Chicago
Jurisdiction: Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Royal Thai Consulate, Los Angeles
Alaska,  Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

Royal Thai Consulate, New York
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. 

Royal Thai Embassy, Washington, D.C.
Jurisdiction: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland,  Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Thailand Visa Information

For your convenience, the Office of Study Abroad has generated instructional materials that will help you with the process of completing the forms required for your visa.  Feel free to use the following forms to assist you as your complete your student visa.



Please note: If you plan to study abroad in a country that requires a student visa, you will be guided through the application process by the OSA staff. While the Office of Study Abroad will assist participants about procedures and requirements, securing a visa is an individual responsibility, and not one that OSA or Webster University can or will assume. Webster University is not legally in a position to give any advice on applying for a visa. If you need further information, please direct your inquiries to the Thai Consulate that serves your region. Visa fees, postage fees and/or travel fees to secure a student visa in person are the responsibility of the student.

If you need assistance with your visa application, you may seek help with a visa services company, typically for an additional fee.  NAFSA, Association of International Educators, recommends Perry International located in Chicago.

Updated Flight Regulations

To obtain the latest information about what we can and cannot be brought aboard a plane when traveling internationally, please visit the Transportation Security Administration.

Traveling Within Thailand

Get travel advice from Hailey (Spring 2013), Stu (Spring 2013) and David.

US News and World Report Best Colleges Midwest