Call for Proposals
The sustainability movement has reached into the rhetoric of nearly every industry, with uses of the word “sustainability” being vast and varied. The conference committee is looking for proposals exploring both the traditional and transformative representations and definitions of sustainability.
Our goal is to promote innovative thinking about sustainability and creating a space for critical discourse and respectful conversations representing a variety of viewpoints.
A limited number of proposals will be carefully selected to create focused sessions on critical issues within the field of sustainability. Types of sessions include:
- Panel Presentations: These sessions will feature three or four speakers presenting a range of perspectives on a specific issue (10-15 minutes apiece), with questions to follow. Topics could include the connection between business and sustainability or corporate social responsibility and sustainability. Other topics may be considered. In your abstract, make your area of expertise and position on the issue clear.
- Traditional Sessions: These sessions will feature one speaker giving a traditional presentation of 20-30 minutes. Any sustainability-related topic, especially those that take innovative approaches to major problems, will be considered.
- Workshops: These sessions, 45 minutes long, will give attendees practical knowledge and/or skills to improve sustainability in their lives and communities.
- Student Poster Presentations: Students at any university, college, or high school are invited to submit proposals for posters on innovative sustainability-related projects.
- Custom Session: The design of these sessions are left to the discretion of the preparer. Please be prepared to explain the ultimate purpose of your session construction. Examples of these unconventional sessions include, but are not limited to, an un-conference, site tours, or artisits performances and/or exhibits.
Each proposal should consist of a 250-word abstract and short biographical statement. Please make sure to indicate the type of session for which your proposal is designed. The Committee reserves the right to assign the presentations to specific sessions. Proposals are due by a date June 24th, 2016 at 5pm. Direct proposals and questions to email@example.com.
- 2016 Sustainability Conference Schedule
- Sustainability Coalition
- Green Resources
- Natural Area
- Get Involved
- Webster Students for Environmental Sustainability
- Bike resource station