Media Services Policies
The following policies have been put in place to assist with the management of our
production and post production facilities and have been implemented to provide a safe
environment for the students and equipment.
* Media Services / School of Communications do not rent its labs, studios, suites or equipment. Facilities are strictly for specified educational purposes only.
* Media Services staff can only provide information regarding the safe use of equipment to prevent damage. Please do not ask them to explain how the equipment operates or what equipment is needed for a particular assignment. Assistance of that nature should be found with your instructors.
* Only Media Services employees are allowed to schedule time in the reservation books.
* Only Media Services personnel are allowed in the equipment room.
* Media Services does not loan or provide tools or office supplies
* Media Services provides, as a convenience, the sale of DVD-R and CD-R's. Media Services cannot always offer competitive pricing with local business, mail order or discount stores. Media can be purchased by using university accounts or lab fees only.
* Media Services is not responsible for any personal effects, projects or class materials used or left in the facilities.
* You must have your media card to access Media Services field equipment. If you lose your card a new one must be acquired, a student I.D. card, driver license etc. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE.
* You must have a valid university ID (current sticker) when checking out university loan equipment. A current sticker can be obtained at the University Center.
* All field production equipment is reserved on 24-hour basis, and a one-time 24 hour extension is available if the equipment has not been not reserved by someone else for the nest 24 hours period. You must come in or call (314-246-6967) at least two hours in advance of the equipment return time to make arrangement for an additional 24 hours.
- Access to Studios/Suites
- Hardware & Software
- Alumni & Incomplete
- Field Equipment
- Editing Suites/Studio
- Senior Overview / ILE
- University Loan Equipment Policies
- University Loan Equipment
- Equipment Manuals
- Grievance Form