* Media Services staff can only provide information regarding the safe use of equipment
to prevent damage. Please do not ask them to explain how the equipment operates or
what equipment is needed for a particular assignment. Assistance of that nature
should be found with your instructors.
* Students can only check out equipment that they are authorized to use for the classes they are enrolled in. This equipment is listed on your media card. Questions should be directed to a member of the Media Services Staff.
* You must have your media card to access Media Services field equipment. If you lose your card a new one must be acquired. A student ID, driver license, etc., WILL NOT BE ACCEPTABLE.
* Students can check out equipment for their own use only.
Students discovered to be checking out equipment for use by other students will be subject to disciplinary action.
* Reserved equipment that is not picked up or claimed within one half hour of its scheduled time will be considered unwanted, the reservation will be cancelled and the equipment made available to other students.
* It is mandatory that you return the equipment at it's due date and time! Equipment must not be returned late! If equipment is returned past its due date, fines and or suspension of checkout privileges will be levied.
* Field equipment checkout is for 24 hours, with a one-time 24 hours extension, IF the equipment is not reserved by someone else. You must come in or call (314)-246-6967 or (314)-246-6967AT LEAST TWO HOURS in advance of the equipment return time to make such arrangements. The only exception to the 24-hour checkout is for certain FILM students:
those completing senior overviews in film may have up to five days of checkout with no extensions and Film 2 students are allowed up to 48-hours of checkout with no extensions.
* Under no circumstances are students allowed to exchange or hand off equipment to
another student in the field. Equipment MUST be checked in at Media Services before
a new user can take control of it.
* Students are responsible for determining what equipment and miscellaneous supplies they will need in the field. Every student will go through the equipment before leaving Media Services. If you choose not to go through the equipment you will be responsible for any broken or missing items when the equipment is returned. You will be required to sign for the items you are checking out.
* During peak usage periods you may be required to return equipment sooner than 24 hours. This will occur only when there is a limited amount of equipment and a large number of student users. We ask your cooperation in the event the need for shorter equipment loan times arises.
* All fines for late returns, lost or damaged equipment will be debited to your student account through the Business Office. All payments need to be paid at the Business Office located in Webster Hall, Room 101. All fines will be explained in writing and students may file a grievance, also in writing, to contest any fines before they are sent to the Business office for collection. See Grievance Form
and selecting technology request. A workstation in the Media Center is available
for this purpose.
* Students who damage, lose or fail to return equipment checked out to them are responsible for the costs incurred to repair or replace the equipment for use by other students.
- Access to Studios/Suites
- Hardware & Software
- Alumni & Incomplete
- Field Equipment
- Editing Suites/Studio
- Senior Overview / ILE
- University Loan Equipment Policies
- University Loan Equipment
- Equipment Manuals
- Grievance Form