Information Technology News
Home Campus Printing Issues - 8/25/15, 1:15 p.m.
Information Technology is aware that a number of people on the Webster Groves home campus have had difficulty printing as of late Monday afternoon. We are working to resolve this issue. Anyone with a more immediate need to print should contact the Service Desk at x5995 to place a work order.
Tips for Keeping Your Email Account Safe
- Never send your password via email.
- Never respond to a message that looks suspicious or that you are not positive comes from Webster University, even if it's just to ask if it is legitimate. If you want to know if a message is legitimate, do not respond to the message, forward it to: email@example.com
- Read the email carefully. Many phishing attempts are poorly written, containing poor grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Check this website for known phishing scams. If your email looks similar, DO NOT respond.
- Do not click on a link or open an attachment in an email from an unknown source! Your account can be hijacked or you can get a virus on your computer by clicking on a link or opening an attachment in an email. If you are even slightly suspicious of the email, DO NOT click on any links or open any attachments.
- Be skeptical. Don't be fooled by personalized messages, web pages or images in an email. They are all easily faked.
- Know what messages Webster Information Technology has sent out. Bookmark this page; Information Technology posts all current communications to the Webster community here. If you are unsure of a message you receive, check this page. If it is not listed, it is probably not legitimate. Forward suspicious emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org