Cisco Phone Troubleshooting
- The sound quality of my phone is poor. It has an echo.
- I accidentally deleted a voicemail message. Can I retrieve it?
- I can't edit the contacts in my address book. Why?
- I'm trying to return a call from the Missed Calls directory, but I receive a message that the call cannot be completed.
- When I attempt to access voicemail, I receive the message "Invalid entry."
Improve your sound quality by turning your volume down. While on a call, turn the volume down two to three notches, then press the Save softkey button. This will save the setting as your default outbound call volume.
Voicemail is saved in the system for one day after you delete it. If you accidentally delete a voicemail, you can go into your deleted messages for up to one day to retrieve it.
The Cisco Unified Personal Communicator installs a toolbar in Microsoft Outlook. If you are using Office 2007, this toolbar can cause problems editing your address book. If you are using Outlook 2007 and having trouble editing your address book, try turning the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator toolbar OFF: select View > Toolbars > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator.
I'm trying to return a call from the Missed Calls directory, but I receive a message that the call cannot be completed.
In the Missed Calls directory on your phone, you can edit a number so that you can easily dial back a missed long distance call. For example, if you missed a call from 800-435-7270, it will show up as 8004357270 in your Missed Calls directory. If you select that call from the directory and press the Dial softkey, you will get a message that your call cannot be completed as dialed. Instead, press the EditDial softkey, enter 91 in front of the number, and then press the Dial softkey, and your call will go through. Or, you can simply double-click on this missed call from the "Recent" section in your Personal Communicator client, and it will call without the need for an edit.
When you attempt to access your voicemail, you will receive the message Invalid entry if you enter an incorrect password (PIN).
- If you haven't yet set up your mailbox, enter the default password 12345 and follow the instructions to set up your mailbox.
- If your mailbox has already been set up, you'll need to submit a work order to have your password reset to the default. After it has been reset, you will be forced to change the password upon log in, but you will not be required to set up your mailbox again.
- Using Your Phone
- Voice Mail
- Telephone Speed Dial Directory
- Using the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator
- Phone Etiquette
- Academic Services
- Webster Alerts
- CX (CARS)
- Qualtrics Surveys
- Online Bill Payment
- Internet Protocol TV
- Cisco Phone Support
- Mobile Phone Support
- Printer Supplies
- Technology Discounts
- Request for Non-Standard Software