Connections Calendar Sets Tab
A calendar set is a named collection of calendars. Calendar sets exist for your convenience. For example, you might have several calendars you need to refer to frequently. Rather than bringing them up separately, you can create a set and view all of the calendars at once.
When creating events, you can use a calendar set to save time when defining your attendee list. When you choose a set from the Quick Invite list, all of the calendars in the set are added as attendees. However, the sets you create are different than the user groups that the calendar system administrator creates. You can't search for your calendar sets in the User Search window, but you can search for user groups created by the calendar system administrator.
Unlike the calendars you create, which can't be deleted, when you remove a set from your calendar sets list, the set is actually deleted. This means you can't retrieve it and if you want it again, you will have to recreate it.
To edit a calendar set you have created, complete the following procedure:
- Click the Calendar Sets tab. The list of your calendar sets appears.
- Click the appropriate Edit link for the set you want to edit. The Edit Calendar Set window opens.
- Make the desired changes. You can add or delete members from the list. You can also choose, or change, the time zone this set displays in.
- Click OK.
To create a calendar set, complete the following procedure:
- Click the Calendar Sets tab.
- Click New Set. The Edit Calendar Set window opens.
- Enter a name for your calendar set in the Set Name input box. This will be the name you see for your calendar set.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox labeled "Open set in Day View." When you display a set from the Sets list, Comparison view is used by default unless you specify the Day. In Comparison view, each calendar displays in a separate row. In Day view all the calendars are merged.
- Select the calendars you want to put into this new set by adding calendar IDs to the Set Members box. For instructions on how to add calendar IDs to the Set Members box, see Adding calendars to a set.
- (Optional) Click the Time Zones tab to set a time zone for your calendar set as follows:
- The list of global time zones has been broken up into three global areas for ease of viewing: North/South America, Europe/Africa, Asia/Pacific Rim. Click the name of the global area from which to choose a time zone.
- Select the checkbox next to the time zone you want for this set.
- Click OK when you have completed forming the set. The Edit Calendar Set window closes and the new set appears in your Sets list in the Calendar Sets tab.
You can view a calendar set from the Sets list in the Calendar Sets tab and from the Current Calendar list in the View tab.
Viewing a set from the Sets List
- Click the Calendar Sets tab.
- Click the name of the calendar set you wish to view. You see a Comparison or Day view of all the calendars in the selected set. Sets viewed in Comparison mode show each calendar schedule separately. If you want to see the calendars merged, use one of the other views.
Viewing sets from the Current Calendar List
- From the View tab, click the Current Calendar pull-down menu. The list of calendars and sets displays. Sets are listed below the list of calendars.
- Select the set you want to view by clicking the name. When sets are selected this way, the set displays in whatever view you last used. For example, if you were looking at your own calendar in the Overview, and then selected a set to view, it would display in the Overview rather than Comparison or Day view.
You can add calendars to a calendar set as you create it, or to an existing set.
- For a new set, click the New Set icon on the Calendar Sets tab. For an existing set, click the Edit link next to the name of the set to which you want to add calendars. The Edit Calendar Set window appears.
- Enter the calendar ID directly into the Calendar ID field or click Search to search for the ID.
- Click Add. The name appears in the Set Members box.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have finished forming the set. Alternately, you can use the Quick Add pull-down menu to select calendar IDs from your Calendars list and other sets you have already created.
You can delete calendars from a calendar set while you are creating the set (you might have added someone by mistake), or to an existing set.
- For a new set, click the New Set icon on the Calendar Sets tab. For an existing set, click the Edit link next to the name of the set you want to remove calendars from.
- In the Set Members box, click the calendar ID to remove.
- Click Remove. The name is removed from the set list.
- Click OK when you have finished with the set. The Edit Calendar Set window closes.
Calendar sets you create will automatically display in your default time zone. To override the default and assign a time zone to the set, use the following procedure:
- For a new set, click the New Set icon on the Calendar Sets tab. For an existing set, click the Edit link next to the name of the set from which you want to remove calendars. The Edit Calendar Set window opens.
- Click the Time Zones tab. A list of global time zones has been broken up into three areas for ease of viewing: North/South America, Europe/Africa, Asia/Pacific Rim.
- Click the name of the global area from which to choose a time zone.
- Click the circle next to the time zone you want for this set.
- Click OK. To see a set's calendar items adjusted to the set's time zone, you must have set the Time Zone option in the Options tab. Otherwise, the set's calendar items will continue to be displayed adjusted to the default time zone. For instructions on setting the Time Zone option, see Settings option.
When you open a calendar set from the Sets list in the Calendar Sets tab, the display defaults to the Comparison view, which lists each calendar separately. If you would like to see the set displayed with all the calendars' events and tasks merged (in Day view), you can set that option from the Edit Calendar window. This can be done when you create the set or at some later date.
To have a set open in Day view, use the following procedure:
- For a new set, click the New Set icon on the Calendar Sets tab. For an existing set, click the Edit link next to the name of the set whose view you want to change.
- In the Edit Calendar window, select the checkbox located at the bottom left of the window.
- Click OK.
Sets that you create can be deleted. When you delete a set, it can't be retrieved. To delete a set, use the following procedure:
- Click the Calendar Sets tab. You see a list of your calendar sets.
- Click the Select checkbox next to the set to be deleted.
- Click the Remove Selected button. The set is deleted. If you want the set back, you will have to recreate it.
- Activating Your Connections ID
- Calendar Sync Tool
- Connections Content and Layout
- Adding Tabs
- Modifying Tabs
- Adding Channels
- Modifying Channels
- Adding Columns
- Modifying Columns
- Connections F.A.Q.s
- Removing Popup Blocking from Windows Browsers
- Removing Popup Blocking from Macintosh Browsers
- Remove Popup Blocking - Third Party Applications