Modifying Tabs in Connections
If you have added a new tab to your layout, you can edit it to change the name, change the type, set it as your default active tab, or even delete it. To edit a tab, use the following procedure:
- In the top left-hand corner of the page above Connections tabs, locate and click the Content/Layout link.
- You see the Manage Content/Layout page, which allows you to change aspects of your user layout, such as adding tabs, moving or deleting channels, etc.
- To edit a tab, locate the image of Connections layout and click the tab to select it.
- You see a list of options that you have for modifying the tab:
Allows you to set the tab as the one which will open when you log in to Connections.
Rename the tab:
Allows you to rename the tab.
Change tab type:
Allows you to reset the tab type. Options are Traditional (with channelized content) or Framed (pulling in the content of a specified URL to fill the entire page).
Delete this tab:
Allows you to delete the tab from your layout.
- To modify the tab, fill in these fields as appropriate and click the button next to the option. You are returned to the layout screen.
- To modify the horizontal position of the tab, click the the arrows on the tab as displayed in the image of the portal layout.
- Activating Your Connections ID
- Calendar Sync Tool
- Connections Content and Layout
- Adding Tabs
- Modifying Tabs
- Adding Channels
- Modifying Channels
- Adding Columns
- Modifying Columns
- Connections F.A.Q.s
- Removing Popup Blocking from Windows Browsers
- Removing Popup Blocking from Macintosh Browsers
- Remove Popup Blocking - Third Party Applications
- Academic Services
- Webster Alerts
- CX (CARS)
- Qualtrics Surveys
- Online Bill Payment
- Internet Protocol TV
- Cisco Phone Support
- Mobile Phone Support
- Printer Supplies
- Technology Discounts
- Request for Non-Standard Software