Configuring Email Clients
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Email Accounts.
- Click the radio button next to Add a new e-mail account.
- Click Next.
- Select IMAP and then click Next.
- In the User Information section:
Your Name Field: Type your name as you would like it to appear in the “From” field of emails
E-mail Address Field: Type the email address you want the emails you send from this account to be from (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In the Logon Information section:
User Name Field: Type your Webster University email account username (everything before the @ in your email address)
Password Field: Type the password for your Webster University email account, remember it is case sensitive. (It will appear only as asterisks for security purposes)
Remember Password Checkbox: Check this box so that you do not have to retype your password every time you check your email.
- Server Information section:
To get your proper incoming email server names please go to http://connections.webster.edu/myaccount and logon with your Connections username and password. Once logged in, click on “Settings for my desktop e-mail program”. Once you have this information:
Incoming mail server (POP3) Field: type in the information you received in step 8
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) Field: type in smtp.webster.edu
- Click More Settings.
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and the radio button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click OK.
- With Mail open, click on Mail and go to Preferences.
- In the window that opens, click on the Accounts (@) button.
- Click the + button in the lower-left hand corner of the window.
- For the Account Type, select the IMAP option.
- Type in a description for your account, for example “Webster Email”.
- Type in your full name.
- Enter your e-mail address. (your_Connections_username@webster.edu)
- To get your proper incoming email server name, please go to http://connections.webster.edu/myaccount and logon with your Connections username and password. Once logged in, click on “Settings for my desktop e-mail program”. Once you have this information, proceed to the next step.
- Type the server name you retrieved in step 8 into the box labeled Incoming Mail Server.
- The User Name field should already have your user name entered. If it does not, enter it (username is everything before the @webster.edu).
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Once the incoming server is set up, you will then have to set up the outgoing server.
- Click Server Settings.
- Type in smtp.webster.edu
- Choose Password in the Authentication box.
- Type your Connections username in the User Name field.
- Type your Connections password in the Password field.
- Click OK.
- Exit the mail setup window. You will be asked if you wish to save your changes. Click Save.
- Email Retrieval Methods
- Email Forwarding
- Configuring Email Clients
- Archiving Emails
- How To Find Your Email Server Name
- Outgoing Email Server Settings
- Email and Phishing Scams
- Barracuda Spam Firewall
- Campus Email Lists
- Campus Mail Lists F.A.Q.s
- Out of Office Notification
- Email Optimization Tips
- Changing Outgoing Server in Outlook 2007