Email Optimization Tips
Clean out your Inbox and keep it clean.
- The more messages you have in your Inbox the slower your email client will respond.
- Do not keep large messages in your Inbox, any message over 1MB should be moved out of the Inbox as soon as possible.
- Typical Inboxes should have less than 20 messages in them at any given time
Keep your send/receive frequency to a minimum.
- Make sure you have your automatic send/receive set to 10 minutes or MORE.
- Do not click the button to send/receive messages frequently or repeatedly.
Do not keep messages on the server.
- If you have your email client set to save your messages on the server after you have downloaded them to your computer, make sure they are deleted after a certain period of time.
Have your email open in only one place at a time.
- If you have your email client open and want to open Connections mail, close your email client first
- Do not leave your email client running in your office/room/home if you expect to be checking your email at another location
- Email Retrieval Methods
- Email Forwarding
- Configuring Email Clients
- How To Find Your Email Server Name
- Outgoing Email Server Settings
- Email and Phishing Scams
- Barracuda Spam Firewall
- Campus Email Lists
- Campus Mail Lists F.A.Q.s
- Out of Office Notification
- Email Optimization Tips
- Changing Outgoing Server in Outlook 2007
- Academic Services
- Webster Alerts
- CX (CARS)
- Qualtrics Surveys
- Online Bill Payment
- Internet Protocol TV
- Cisco Phone Support
- Mobile Phone Support
- Printer Supplies
- Technology Discounts
- Request for Non-Standard Software