FTP & Webspace
Server space for web pages and file-transfer protocol (FTP) capability is automatically provided to all students, faculty, and staff. Please note, however, this is an unsupported service that is offered as-is. The IT Service Desk cannot provide support for this service.
To upload to your webspace or view the contents, you must first activate your Connections account. Then, you will need:
- FTP Host/Server name: This is your email server name. To find your email server, go to http://connections.webster.edu/myaccount and log in with your Connections user name and password. After logging in, click the Settings for My Desktop Email Program link. An incoming and outgoing server will be listed. This is your FTP Host/Server name.
- Username: Connections user name
- Password: Connections password
To access your site, type the following in your browser's address bar: http://servername.webster.edu/~username
Replace "servername" with your email server name (e.g., pop) and "username" with your Connections user name.
Be sure to upload all documents to the folder named public_html and name the first document index.html.
WS_FTP and Fetch
WS_FTP and Fetch are FTP client programs. They allow you to connect to file servers and upload, download, or delete files. Students, faculty, and staff can use these programs to post web pages on an HTTP web server.
- Connecting to the Webster Network
- FTP & Webspace
- WS_FTP for Windows
- Fetch for Macintosh
- Changing Your Password in Your FTP Client
- Labwebs and Hermes Web Space Accounts