Verifying Email Addresses
Constant Contact requires the verification of any email address added to an account. Email addreses are verified to ensure their authenticity. This includes addresses from which emails will be sent (the “from” field) and those to which replies will be sent (the “reply to” field). Your department may use one or more departmental email accounts (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), or you may specify individual email addresses.
As the primary contact for your department's Constant Contact account, you will add all the necessary email addresses to the account. Instruct the owner of each email address to check the inbox for a verification email. Have them click the verification link provided in the email
To add and verify email addresses
- Log on to Constant Contact.
- Click My Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Verify Address.
- In the Email Addresses to Verify box, type the email address(es), one per line, that you wish to associate with your account. To add a line, press the Enter key.
- Click the Send Verification Email button.
- Instruct individuals who own the email addresses you entered to check their email for a verification message and click the verification link provided in the email.
- Learning Resources & References
- Getting Started with Constant Contact
- Verifying Email Addresses
- Creating an Email from a Constant Contact Template
- Creating an Email from a Webster Template
- Adding Contact Lists
- Contact Detail Labels
- Viewing Reports
- Constant Contact Best Practices