General Software Application Training
Information Technology has partnered with Lynda.com to bring you the best in technology education. Lynda.com is an industry leader in offering online computer based tutorials (CBT's) for a wide variety of technology subjects. Through this partnership we are able to offer a wide range of technology training to Webster students, staff, and faculty at no cost. Sites with DSL may not be able to access the Lynda.com site at this time.
Logging into Lynda.com Training Modules
- Go to the Library Database login page. Type your last name, then enter your 7-digit Webster ID number, followed by EWL. Click Login to database.
- If you don't already have a profile set up, you must now create one. If you do, simply
log in with your Lynda.com account credentials.
- Once you have finished viewing your lessons, click the Logout button in the upper, right corner of the page.
Creating a Lynda.com Profile
- Click Create a Profile.
- Enter your first and last name, your Webster email address, and then create a password
for your account.
- Click Login.
Searching for Training Modules
From the Lynda.com home page, you will be able to search for a variety of training
- Near the top of the screen, find three drop-down menus labeled, Subject, Software, and Author.
- Using the drop-down boxes, choose the subject or software you wish to learn about
(i.e., Word in the Software drop-down box).
You will be taken to training sections for the product or subject you choose.
- Each subject or product is broken down into individual sections. Click the appropriate
section (ex: Word 2013 Essential Training).
- You will see that the learning modules are further broken down into short segments.
- Each segment is a Quicktime movie, so you will need Quicktime installed to view them.
When you click the segment you wish to learn, the Quicktime movie will launch in a
- Along the bottom of the movie you will find the timeline and the controls to pause
or adjust the volume.