18 credit hours
Available in St. Louis
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship delivers a series of entrepreneurship courses for undergraduate students in business or non-business school majors. Courses will promote entrepreneurial thinking among students and develop the necessary real-world skills for founding and growing an entrepreneurial venture.
Students demonstrate these skills by developing and presenting a viable business plan to a review panel made up of successful entrepreneurs in the capstone course. Students completing the program will be awarded a Certificate in Entrepreneurship from the George Herbert Walker School of Business & Technology.
The program is comprised of six 3-credit hour courses. Students select individual entrepreneur tracks specifically designed for their field of study. A common thread running through all courses provide each student with the opportunity to focus all course projects on their individual business concept.
For information on general requirements for the certificate, see Certificate Program Policies and Procedures.
Students must take a total of six courses from the list of courses as follows:
Entrepreneurship Core and Capstone
Required for all students
- MNGT 3700 Introduction to Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (3 hours)
- MNGT 3450 Principles of Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- BUSN 3710 Entrepreneurial Financial Management (3 hours)
- MNGT 4960 Entrepreneurship Certificate Project Course (Capstone) (3 hours)
Entrepreneurship Elective Courses
Students must select two courses specific to their field of study. Additional courses are being added; please see your advisor for current listing of elective courses.
Suggested Track for School of Business
- MNGT 4200 Innovation, Creativity and the Entrepreneur (3 hours)
- MNGT 4230 Entrepreneurial Marketing (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Photography Majors
- MNGT 3600 Management in the Arts (3 hours)
- PHOT 4700 Professional Photography (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Music Majors
- MUSC 4360 Survey of Music Business (3 hours)
- MUSC 4370 Marketing for Musicians (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Audio Production Majors
- AUDI 4400 Audio Facility Management and Operations (3 hours)
- AUDI 4700 Professional Development in Audio Production (3 hours)
Suggested Track for Sports Business
- ECON 3737 The Business of Sports (3 hours)
- BUSN 4747 Sports Operations and Logistics (3 hours)