MA in Early Childhood Education
The number of children enrolled in early childhood education programs (preschool, kindergarten and early elementary) is forecast to increase through this decade. A master?s degree in Early Childhood Education from Webster prepares you for a position of leadership in this exciting field, grounded in research of children's learning processes, developmental theory, and best practices that will enable you to make informed curriculum decisions and program improvement.
You?ll explore International perspectives on young children and early childhood education with in-depth study of the internationally acclaimed early childhood education programs and philosophy of Reggio Emilia, Italy. Central to this philosophy are a strong image of the capabilities of young children; support for integrative, inquiry based, and collaborative learning; participation of families and community; the use of observation and documentation to inform curriculum planning and reflective learning with children; and quality learning environments.
If you believe our children are our future and you desire to actively provide them with educational opportunities that will give them a competitive edge in the world, you belong in this program.
Points of Distinction
- Education programs recognized for their excellence and approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, by the International Reading Association, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Partnerships with area school districts enable you to teach and learn within the context of real schools with all the challenges, diversity, and opportunities that bring learning to life.
- Webster University's worldwide context allows interaction with learners from around the world through online education and/or study at one of the university's many international campuses
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MA in Management & Leadership
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MS in Environmental Management
- MA in Media Communications
- Global MA in International Relations (GMA)
- MSN In Nursing
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- MS in Forensic Accounting
- MS in Science Management & Leadership
- MA in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Secondary Education
- MA in Special Education
- MA in International Business
- MA in Nonprofit Leadership
- MA in Counseling
- MFA in Arts Management & Leadership
- MAT in Middle School Education
- Additional Master's Degrees
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Certificate Degrees
- Doctoral Degrees
- Apply Now
- Webster Groves
- Downtown - Old Post Office
- Scott AFB
- Academic Programs
- Military Opportunities
- Online Programs
- Student Resources