MS in Forensic Accounting
If you are interested in a career in fighting accounting fraud and other improper financial activity, the MS in Forensic Accounting Degree at Webster University offers a rigorous academic series that will give you the knowledge and skill to succeed. The curriculum includes courses in criminal and civil investigation, legal procedure, management of evidence, cyber forensics, substantive law, valuation, economic damages, internal auditing and risk management. These courses integrate, in the course activities, a variety of cases and role playing exercise.
Corporate financial scandals of the 1990s and the economic crisis looming today have created an increased demand for forensic accountants. However duties of these financial vigilantes are not limited to uncovering white collar crime. These days in addition to exposing mortgage and healthcare fraud, they are tackling international terrorism, domestic terrorism, and organized crime cases.
Learn to detect fraud, accounting schemes, off balance sheet financing, fictitious sales, valuation of businesses and more by completing Webster's 36 credit hour Master of Science degree program consisting of 12 courses designed for serious professionals.
Points of Distinction
- An 18-month program that includes courses in criminal and civil investigation, legal procedure, management of evidence, cyber forensics, substantive law, valuation, economic damages and internal auditing. Each term lasts approximately 9 weeks.
- Faculty includes accountants and attorneys who are Certified Public Accountants, Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV), Certified Financial Forensic (CFF) and have extensive and varied backgrounds in accounting, law, investigation, cyber forensics and valuation both from an academic and practical standpoint.
- Small classes of 25 people or less.
The Master of Science in Forensic Accounting requires the successful completion of 36 credit hours including 30 required credit hours and 6 credit hours of electives.
- 1-Year MBA
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MA in Management & Leadership
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MS in Environmental Management
- MA in Media Communications
- Global MA in International Relations (GMA)
- MSN In Nursing
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- MS in Forensic Accounting
- MS in Science Management & Leadership
- MA in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Secondary Education
- MA in Special Education
- MA in International Business
- MA in Nonprofit Leadership
- MA in Counseling
- MFA in Arts Management & Leadership
- MAT in Middle School Education
- Additional Master's Degrees
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Certificate Degrees
- Doctoral Degrees
- Apply Now
- Webster Groves
- Downtown - Old Post Office
- Scott AFB
- Academic Programs
- Military Opportunities
- Online Programs
- Student Resources