MAT in Middle School Education
Adolescence is a period of significant development change for students, and the parents and teachers with whom they interact. Societal changes make it even more imperative to develop a strong foundation in content knowledge, early adolescent development and contemporary research supported best practices to help with classroom instruction.
A master?s in teaching with an emphasis on Middle School Education blends traditional teaching methods, innovative instructional approaches, and creative use of technology in classrooms--Web-enhanced or online--to enable you to provide well-rounded, current expertise in the field. This gives you the distinct advantage of the latest theory and real world practice.
This graduate degree is designed to provide the foundation for teacher preparation leading to initial Missouri teacher certification in Middle School Education (5-9) with emphasis on Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies. In addition to taking your career to new heights, it will enable you to become more effective in the classroom and create a positive, productive learning community that celebrates its collective talents and cultures.
Points of Distinction
- Education programs recognized for their excellence and approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, by the International Reading Association, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Partnerships with area school districts enable you to teach and learn within the context of real schools with all the challenges, diversity, and opportunities that bring learning to life.
- Webster University's worldwide context allows interaction with learners from around the world through online education and/or study at one of the university's many international campuses.
- Fast track to success. The 33 credit-hour degree program may be completed in just two and a half years if you attend one class per term.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MA in Management & Leadership
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MS in Environmental Management
- MA in Media Communications
- Global MA in International Relations (GMA)
- MSN In Nursing
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- MS in Forensic Accounting
- MS in Science Management & Leadership
- MA in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Secondary Education
- MA in Special Education
- MA in International Business
- MA in Nonprofit Leadership
- MA in Counseling
- MFA in Arts Management & Leadership
- MAT in Middle School Education
- Additional Master's Degrees
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Certificate Degrees
- Doctoral Degrees
- Apply Now
- Webster Groves
- Downtown - Old Post Office
- Scott AFB
- Academic Programs
- Military Opportunities
- Online Programs
- Student Resources