MA in Special Education
Webster?s MA in Special Education equips teachers with the tools and knowledge necessary to take on the challenges of educating students with disabilities.
Current issues and emerging trends are explored on a global level, with a strong focus
on social justice and ethical themes at the local, national and international level.
The program emphasizes developmentally oriented theory and research in the areas of
cognitive and socio-emotional development, which practitioners can use to design and
promote evidence-based interventions and instructional practices to enhance pupil
The program provides opportunities to individualize professional development by specializing in a unique area of study. The emphasis areas are designed to provide flexibility within a structured sequence of coursework. Students may choose to specialize in inclusive education, mild/moderate disabilities, severe developmental disabilities, emotional & behavioral disorders, or Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS).
Points of Distinction
- Education programs recognized for their excellence and approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, by the International Reading Association, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Partnerships with area school districts enable you to teach and learn within the context of real schools with all the challenges, diversity, and opportunities that bring learning to life.
- Webster University's worldwide context allows interaction with learners from around the world through online education and/or study at one of the university's many international campuses.
- 1-Year MBA
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MA in Management & Leadership
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MS in Environmental Management
- MA in Media Communications
- Global MA in International Relations (GMA)
- MSN In Nursing
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- MS in Forensic Accounting
- MS in Science Management & Leadership
- MA in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Early Childhood Education
- MAT in Secondary Education
- MA in Special Education
- MA in International Business
- MA in Nonprofit Leadership
- MA in Counseling
- MFA in Arts Management & Leadership
- MAT in Middle School Education
- Additional Master's Degrees
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Certificate Degrees
- Doctoral Degrees
- Apply Now
- Webster Groves
- Downtown - Old Post Office
- Scott AFB
- Academic Programs
- Military Opportunities
- Online Programs
- Student Resources