Become an AWS Certified System Operations Administrator
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the future of cloud computing. As the largest provider of cloud computing services, today’s system operations (SyOps) administrators need to know how to operate and administer AWS solutions. This 100% online course provides a comprehensive overview of AWS and will fully prepare you to sit for the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam. Key topics include AWS configuration tools, as well as techniques for creating scalable, automated and repeatable deployments in the cloud.
12 months / 90 Course Hours
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
Self-Paced - Instructor Led
Study on your own schedule
Includes AWS Exam Voucher
Job Outlook for AWS System Operations Administrator
- System operations administrators are in high demand. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that demand for network and computer systems administrators will create over 18,00 new jobs between now and 2028.
- However, Amazon Web Services is the largest provider of cloud computing platforms and APIs to enterprise level clients, making AWS systems operations administrators more in-demand than other system operations professionals. According to Payscale.com, certified AWS SysOps administrators make $108,000 on average.
AWS System Operations Administrator FAQs
What Does An Aws System Operations Administrator Do?
AWS system operations administrators configure an AWS platform and deploy, maintain and manage opera-tions with the cloud systems environment. While SyOps administrators focus their technical expertise on re-solving operational problems, they also:
- Manage and operate scalable networks system
- Control dataflow within the AWS platform
- Make recommendations for the appropriate AWS service based on organizational requirements
What Jobs Can You Get As An Aws Certified System Operations Administrator?
Amazon Web Service (AWS) dominates the high cloud industry, so earning the AWS Certified SysOps Admin-istrator – Associate significantly strengthens career opportunities for individuals who have the technical ex-pertise to deploy, manage and operate on AWS. As an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, you could go on to work in the following roles:
- Operational Support Engineer
- Cloud Software Engineer
- System Integrator — Cloud
- Cloud Developer
- DevOps Engineer
- AWS Solutions Architect
What Is The Value Of An Aws Systems Operations Administrator – Associate Certification?
As an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, you are prepared to work with the largest provider of cloud computing products and services. AWS provides servers, storage, networking, security and other cloud services to many of the world’s largest organizations, including Netflix, Facebook and the US Department of Defense. Industry estimates suggest that AWS has more than a third of the cloud market, holding share over both Microsoft and Google cloud services. Holding an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate credential validates your knowledge of best practices in cloud management and distinguishes your professional skill set to potential employers.
- Be prepared to take and pass the AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate exam
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Man-agement Console
- Understand foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Pri-vate Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Man-agement (IAM)
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Unit I: AWS Technical Essentials
- INTRODUCTION AND HISTORY OF AWS
- AWS FOUNDATIONAL SERVICES: EC2, VPC, S3, EBS
- AWS SECURITY, IDENTITY, AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT (IAM)
- AWS DATABASES
- AWS MANAGEMENT TOOLS
Unit II: AWS System Operations
- SYSTEM OPERATIONS ON AWS OVERVIEW
- NETWORKING IN THE CLOUD
- COMPUTING IN THE CLOUD
- STORAGE AND ARCHIVING IN THE CLOUD
- MONITORING IN THE CLOUD
- MANAGING RESOURCE CONSUMPTION IN THE CLOUD
- CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT IN THE CLOUD
- CREATING SCALABLE DEPLOYMENTS IN THE CLOUD
- CREATING AUTOMATED AND REPEATABLE DEPLOYMENTS
Raymond Lacoste has dedicated his career to developing the skills of others. His 17 years in the industry allow him to pull from experience in the areas of Amazon, Cisco, and Microsoft. For the last 8 years he focused pri-marily on advanced IT instruction. He is also the Cisco Press author of the TSHOOT 300-135 Official Cert Guide. Raymond is a voracious learner and is constantly studying new technologies. To date he has passed over 100 exams. His certification wall includes various certificates from Amazon, Cisco, Microsoft, ISC2, ITIL, and Comp-TIA. Over the past years he has also been awarded, on numerous occasions, the Cisco Sirius Top Quality In-structor Award and the Cisco Instructor Excellent Award.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.