Become a Certified Information Security Manager
In the InfoSec world, the ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CSIM) is the top credential for management-level IS professionals. This 100% online course will fully prepare you to take and pass the CISM certification exam. Key topics include IT systems auditing, governance, maintenance and asset protection.
6 months / 75 Course Hours
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
Self-Paced - Instructor Led
Study on your own schedule
Includes ISACA Exam Voucher
Job Outlook For Infosec Management
- Globally, information security is one the fastest growing industries. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) anticipates demand for InfoSec professionals in the United States will grow over 32% by 2028. This is nearly triple the demand of nearly all other industries.
- According to Payscale.com, the average reported salary for CISM credential holders is over $125,000 annually.
Information Security Management Faqs
Why Is Getting A CISM Credential Important?
The Certified Information Security Manager (CSIM), offered by ISACA, is a business-oriented credential that focuses on leading information risk management within an enterprise-level organization. Its subject domains are geared toward leadership/advanced-career professionals who are charged with designing, implementing and assessing an organization’s information security program.
What Is ISACA?
ISACA, previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, is a global nonprofit association focused on IT governance certifications. IT governance ensures that IT resources and systems are effectively utilized to strategically align with business pillars.
What Does The CISM Exam Cover?
The CISM certification exam covers four key subject domains relevant to security management:
- Domain 1: Information Security Governance
- Domain 2: Information Risk Management
- Domain 3: Information Security Program Development and Management
- Domain 4: Information Security Incident Management
Who Should Get A CISM Credential?
The CISM certification is the leading credential for the management side of information security and is ideal for InfoSec practitioners pursuing managerial/leadership roles. Common titles associated with CISM include:
- Information Security Manager
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Program Manager
- Network Architect
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Information System Auditing Process
- Governance and Management of IT
- Information Systems Acquisition
- Information Systems Operations and Business Resilience
- Protection of Information Assets
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, ISACA recommends at least five years of work experience in information security.
- INFORMATION SYSTEM AUDITING PROCESS
- GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT OF IT
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS ACQUISITION
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS OPERATIONS AND BUSINESS RESILIENCE
- PROTECTION OF INFORMATION ASSETS
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.