Earn Your CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
The rapid growth of cloud computing has created excellent opportunities for those with advanced skills in cloud-related computing. Recognizing this opportunity, CompTIA created the Cloud+ Certification, an exam and certification that validates cloud-specific competencies. This 100% online course will teach you key concepts and skills required to build, maintain and optimize cloud infrastructure services. Key topics include virtualization, infrastructure, security, systems management and business continuity.
6 months / 75 Course Hours
Includes Certificate of Completion from Webster University
Self-Paced - Instructor Led
Study on your own schedule
Includes CompTIA Exam Voucher
Job Outlook for CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
- Cloud computing is among the most dynamic career areas in the current economy. Data gathered by TechRepublic.com indicates that job postings for the three major cloud platforms - Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Services and Microsoft Azure - grew by well over 200% between 2015 and 2019. Google Cloud postings grew by over 1300%.
- For the single year between 2018 and 2019, AWS postings grew by 21.07%, Azure-related opportunities grew 30.59%, and Google Cloud professionals saw an increase of 40.87% in job postings.
- Experts expect the strong trend to continue as organizations migrate their data to the cloud and discover new opportunities for applications and data services in the cloud environment.
CompTIA Cloud+ Certification FAQs
What Kind Of Job Can I Get With CompTIA Cloud+ Certification?
Cloud computing is a fast-growing and dynamic area within IT, so job titles often vary by employer or industry convention. However, titles commonly associated with the CompTIA Cloud+ certification include:
- System Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Specialist
- Project Manager, Cloud
- Computing Services
- Cloud Engineer
- Manager, Data Center SANs
- Business Analyst, Cloud Computing
What Does The CompTIA Cloud+ Exam Cover?
The CompTIA Cloud+ exam validates hands-on IT knowledge and skills. It integrates cloud computing skills across multi-vendor platforms, especially the movement of databases, systems and applications to the various cloud platforms. Cloud+ focuses on system administration tasks not limited by specific vendor functions or features. It consists of 110 performance-based and multiple-choice questions (maximum) delivered over the course of an hour and 45 minutes. Cloud+ certification exam candidates are expected to be prepared in the following areas:
- System Configurations & Deployment
- Cloud System Management
- Maintenance of a Cloud Computing Instance and System
- Security Controls for Cloud Computing
- Cloud System Troubleshooting
Does The CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Expire?
Because cloud computing is a rapidly-changing field, CompTIA recommends that Cloud+ certificate holders pursue an aggressive regime of continuous learning. Cloud+ Certification is valid for three years from the date of your exam. It can be renewed in three-year increments based on continuing education (CE) requirements.
How Much Do CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Jobs Pay?
Cloud computing professionals are well-compensated. According to PayScale.com, CompTIA Cloud+ certificate holders earn $78,600 per year, on average.
- Prepare to take and pass the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam
- A solid foundation in key cloud concepts, models, and computing skills
- How to implement and maintain virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management, and business continuity
- How to assess and establish network and storage security concepts and best practices in cloud environments
- How to diagnose and optimize cloud computing performance
- How to deploy and maintain hardware resources and enable virtual environments
There are no prerequisites to take the course. However, CompTIA recommends holding the CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ certifications, or equivalent experience, before taking the Cloud+ certification exam.
- CLOUD CONCEPTS AND MODELS
Contrasting cloud services and delivery models; object storage concepts
Install, configure, and manage virtual machines and devices; benefits of virtualization in a cloud environment
Storage technologies, configuration concepts and provisioning; network configuration, optimization and troubleshooting basic connectivity issues
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Resource monitoring techniques; best practices for allocating physical host resources and virtual guest resources
Network security concepts, tools and best practices; identifying access control methods and implementing guest and host hardening techniques
- BUSINESS CONTINUITY IN THE CLOUD
Disaster recovery methods and concepts; deploying solutions to meet availability requirements
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.