Students interested in building a strong foundation of biological concepts and learning about ethical issues in the field of biology have great opportunities for research and academic success at Webster University. Biology majors and minors are students who seek a broad exposure to the biological sciences, yet also want the flexibility to pursue a secondary course of study like education or business. Undergrads in the biology program also have the option to focus their degree with an area of emphasis.
“Even during the unexpected times, the support of my professors, counselors, and advisors have been essential for my academic success.”
BA in Biology
Why Webster for Biology?
- Small classes and labs: an ideal environment for learning, interaction, and discovery.
- Full-time faculty: experts in a range of fields including genetics, biochemistry, plant physiology, neurology, chemistry, and physics.
- Facilities and equipment: supports a comprehensive range of subject matter, including genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, and cellular biology.
- Curriculum includes extensive laboratory experience: each student will develop proficiency in a wide range of lab techniques, as well as in the analysis, interpretation, and presentation of scientific data.
Areas of Emphasis
Complement Your Degree with a Biological Sciences Minor
These undergraduate minor programs are offered by the College of Science and Health Department of Biological Sciences and are only available at the St. Louis main campus.
“I am a science student at Webster and ... although we have lecture halls, the community at Webster made it so that it feels like you’re in a small class.”
WATTS Scholar and Biological Sciences, '20Learn More about WATTS Scholarship
Internship opportunities allow undergraduates to gain research experience at organizations like the Missouri Botanical Garden, the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, the Saint Louis Zoo, the St. Louis Children’s Aquarium, and the St. Louis Department of Water Facilities.
- MS in Ecology program at Utah State
- PhD in Immunology program at Indiana School of Medicine
- UNLV Data Analyst
- Physician’s Assistant program at SLU
- Lab technician at Deibel Laboratories
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Candidate at Washington University School of Medicine
Get Started on Your Program
Take the next step toward earning your degree. We are here to help.