Today, the scientific community needs leaders who can have communication skills and technical knowledge. Webster University's science management and leadership programs help students and professionals advance in their fields. Graduate students learn how to develop effective written and verbal presentation skills and collaborate on projects as a cross-functional team. Earning a graduate certificate or master's degree in science management and leadership, students examine and analyze workplace diversity issues and review tactics for conflict resolution. They also learn about product development, budgeting, forecasting, life cycle costing and intellectual property law to promote and protect discoveries.
The science management and leadership degree program provides a mentoring system and networking experiences, too. Through close mentorships, personal interactions, and small class sizes, students gain unique and first-hand perspectives from experienced scientific leaders on business management theories and techniques as they pertain to science and engineering.
Points of Distinction
- Faculty teach the very latest research and practices in the field, allowing students to take what they learn in class and apply it at work the next day.
- Coursework focuses on developing skills and knowledge that are in demand in key areas of the science industry like intellectual property, regulatory and qualitative affairs, ethics, and finance.
- Curriculum is developed based on feedback from program alumni, current students, and industry representatives to keep the program at the cutting edge of project management.
- Students develop business acumen to complement their scientific background, learning to assess risk, plan and execute projects, and lead people.
- Curriculum includes three elective courses, allowing students to customize their degree.
- The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
Dual Degree Option: MBA/MS in Science Management & Leadership
The dual MBA/MS in Science Management & Leadership degree program allows students the opportunity to develop both broad business skills in the MBA and science-industry-specific skills in the program. The dual degree option is ideal for business professionals whose careers are closely linked with the sciences, and for scientists who wish to apply their knowledge in the business world. Students can take classes online, face-to-face, or both, and they can earn both degrees in three years as a part-time student.
Get Started on Your Program
Take the next step toward earning your degree. We are here to help.